Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Nathan87
Tutor
Tutor

I’ve had my Arlo Baby for 8 or 9 months now and haven’t had a single issue until about a week ago when I couldn’t connect to the camera. When I entered the room I could see the LED was amber, which didn’t seem right. I tried to reconnect it to the WiFi which the app prompted, no luck. I tried to power cycle it, no luck. Then tried resetting and no luck there either. I let the battery drain then unplugged it and left it for a few days and also removed the camera from the app. I’ve just tried to set it up again but it’s still stuck on the Amber LED, it never changes. Anyone with any ideas cause I’m fresh out...

13 REPLIES 13
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Attempt again....

Unplug the Baby

Remove feet and turn off battery switch ( green is on )

wait 30 seconds

Turn battery on and plug in

Do a full reset , hold in reset for 10 secs till the front led flashes amber

resync as if new

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
AlbertL
Guide
Guide

Does Amber LED blinking? or solid Amber?

Nathan87
Tutor
Tutor
No blinking, just solid all the time.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nathan87,

Did you already attempt the steps listed above by Tom Mac? First, manually factory reset the Arlo Baby, then sign in to your Arlo Account, click Add Device, select Arlo Baby and follow the on-screen instructions. Be sure the device you are using to add the Arlo Baby to your account is connect to the same network as the Arlo Baby camera.

How do I reset Arlo Baby to factory default settings?

Are you still having an issue?

JamesC

Nathan87
Tutor
Tutor
I did, when I attempt the factory reset I never get a confirmation flash on the LED, it’s just solid amber the whole time.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

When I had to do a factory reset, I swear it took me holding that button in for nearly 20 seconds before the status LED changed

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nathan87,

As mentioned, holding the reset button for 10 seconds should trigger the reset. Have you tried holding it a bit longer above as suggested by steve_t to see if that will allow the reset to initiate?

JamesC

Nathan87
Tutor
Tutor
Just tried holding down the reset button for probably 40-45 secs, no flash, still stuck on solid Amber. Not sure what else to try...
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Unplug the USB power cable. Take the feet off the camera with a gentle unscrew motion to unlock it. There you'll see a switch that disables the battery power. Flick that off for a few seconds. The amber light should go out completely. Flick it back on. Reattach the feet. Plug in the USB cord. The status light should go blue

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Oh oops. Tom already said to do that

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nathan87,

I've opened a support case detailing the issue and T/S steps already taken here. A support agent should be reaching out to you soon via email to follow up.

JamesC

Drewby03
Initiate
Initiate

When you find out what’s wrong please share.. Mines done the exact same thing has been no problems until 3 days ago no matter what I do factory reset, turn off/ back on, ran battery flat charge back up again the led always stay solid amber. I’m assuming it’s probably done a firmware upgrade and has become bricked.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Drewby03,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation