Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby constant connectivity issues

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tsvi88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anyone else constantly have connectivity issues? I have a very strong wifi connection in my home (FIOS) and at least every few days I will go to check the camera and it says no deivce connected. Or I will try to see the live video and it wont load, just a frozen screen. Then I have to go into the baby's room while hes sleeping and do the QR sync with the loud chime that wakes him up.

I was an early adopter and was so excited about this camera for the nursery. I have been painfully waiting some good updtes that would fix the connectiiviy issues or streaming issues but it seems to be more of the same happening. No better, no worse. Really dissapointed in this camera so far. 

Maybe being a very early adopter I got a bad camera????

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You shouldn't have to resync the camera for power outage / wifi outage normally... it should auto come back

( I have an early one too, so not that )

Have you tried a full reset ? and is the FW up to date ?

If so, then I would contact Netgear Support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
tsvi88
Aspirant
Aspirant

You are right, you shouldn't have to resync for power or wifi outage, BUT it happens all the time.

When this happens the only way to fix the issue (temporarily until it happens again) is to do a hard reset and add the camera back to the app. But then you have to fix all the setting again and it really becomes an inconvenience and defeats the purpose of this cameras features.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tsvi88,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation