Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby won't stay connected to network.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
cyclepunk
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Arlo Baby camera has a hard time connecting to our network.

I have (5) Arlo wireless cameras that don't have this problem.

I have to try 4-5 times to get the Arlo Baby to connect to network, and when it does, it'll stay connected for a minute before it loses connection.  

It doesn't keep the network password, so this becomed a tedious process.  

What do i need to do to keep the camera connected to the network?

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried and reset the Arlo Baby ?  ( reset button , side small hole hold in for ten secs )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cyclepunk,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

TerribleProduct
Initiate
Initiate

Same here. Tried reading the forums and only ran across a NetGear rep claiming people can't tell the difference between Purple and Blue....classy real classy. Always good to shift blame to "color blind" customers. Have spend several nights...all night...trying to configure this pile of garbage...while my wife cries endlessly as she can't watch the baby....the annoying blue....and I mean F'ing BLUE...light stares at me but the camera shows "offline" in the app. Never mind it took hours to set up. Won't sync....can't be found...have to power cycle 50,000 times...have to do hard resets a million times...and just when it works...it takes 27 seconds of video and then craps out.

....and....this is the second one we have had. Returned the first the same problem. Best Buy claimed..."we NEVER have problems with Arlo"....yeah right. Love being lied to.

And meanwhile no one at Netgear has anyidea what is wrong...except for my color blindness...apparently they are better medical leaders than product developers.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

It sounds like you could be experiencing a connection issue between your router and baby cam. Take a look here for troubleshooting steps on how to get your Arlo Baby back online: My Arlo Baby camera appears offline, but the LED is solid blue; what do I do?

I would like to offer assistance with the issues you are describing. If you continue to experience connection issues, please reach out to me in a private message with the email address you use for your Arlo Baby.

JamesC

cyclepunk
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is not the issue I'm having James.

I have an certain AT&T modum/router that Netgear can't seem to figure out.  The Neatgear techs have claimed they are working on a firmware fix, but that was over two months ago.  I saw a firmware fix note on the app, but it didn't change anything with the connection.  

The tech also thought it had something to do with the 2.4 and 5 broadband signal and being confused by them, so I separated them by renaming the 5G signal and connecting to it, but the issue persists.  The unit may or may not connect, and when it does, it loses the connection after a few minutes.  

No one seems to be concerned that I'm ot of pocket $250+, and had to buy a different baby monitor that actually works!...the first time I plugged it in.  

Get your stuff together Neatgear! 

epinchao
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an At&t router as well. I have tried for weeks to contect my arlo baby to my network and it just doenst work. I cant return it either. This is the 2nd arlo baby camera got. i have an arlo and it took me forever to contect but at least that works. I need some help 

AlbertL
Guide
Guide

Can you provide the ATT router model information?  Thanks

cyclepunk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Netgear was never able to resolve my issue and their conflict with the ATT router.  You have to be persistant on a refund with Netgear.  They may not have a return policy, but I got my money back after pressuring them - you need to get to a decision maker.  I was also going to use 'NBC Reponds' had they failed to give me my refund.  Don't take no as an answer.  

They may eventually correct the issue, but there should not be an issue to begin with.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

epinchao,

One of our Arlo Baby engineers would like to better understand the issue you are experiencing. They will be reaching out to you via email to gather more information on this topic. 

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation