Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
mommybrainerd
Tutor
Tutor

I have the new Arlo Baby. The "Always Listening" feature does not turn off after turning off the setting. I will even log out and my phone is still "listening" on the lock screen. The lock screen does not let me hit 'pause' or 'stop' - I just get the square box for constant audio. Is this a bug in the app? 

13 REPLIES 13
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Which platform? iOS/Android? Have you tried uninstalling the app, restarting your phone, reinstalling the app?

vincros
Tutor
Tutor
Having the same problem here, iOS. Always listeng even if I try to tap on the "Speaker" icon in the app. I think this is a major bug that was introduced recently, as it totally drains my phone battery. The only workaround is to "quit" the iPhone app whenever you want it to be quiet. Please fix asap!!!!!
mommybrainerd
Tutor
Tutor
Hi! Thanks fir the suggestions. I have tried reinstalling. No luck. I too have IOS.

Does anyone know when the monitor is coming out? Still says "coming soon"
https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-baby/display-monitor.aspx
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mommybrainerd, vincros

I've tested this and did not experience any issues after turning off the Always Listening feature. Is this issue intermittent or do you always experience this? What model iOS device and iOS version are you using?

The Always Listening feature is designed to work even when your device is locked. Take a look here for more information on this feature: How do I enable or disable the Always Listening feature on Arlo Baby?

Edit: I was able to replicate this on a different iOS device with iOS 11.2.2. I have escalated this topic to engineering.

JamesC

mommybrainerd
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks James. I have iOS 11.
vincros
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks James - glad you were able to reproduce the issue. I am also using 11.2.2 now (I updated it recently), and it was also happening to me with the previous version of iOS. Hopefully this can be fixed soon. It is also happening on my wife's phone (same iOS versions). Let us know if you need any additional info from us.

vincros
Tutor
Tutor

Hi - is anything happening with this bug fix? I will likely have to leave a nasty review in the app store if this doesn't get addressed. My iphone battery is getting destroyed because arlo baby keeps listening all the time.  My wife just replaced her iphone battery since it was consumed by arlo baby, and it is making my phone battery life worse too.

Please help!

Thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

vincros,

I've requested an update from the engineering team. I will provide any new information that I have on this topic.

JamesC

sagesofrpg
Star
Star

I also seem to be having this issue. Any news on a fix?

mommybrainerd
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you! When is the monitor going to be available?
vincros
Tutor
Tutor

Please fix this!!!! This is a major bug. Arlo is eating my battery!!!!

UGHUGH

Mutant_Merino
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue with my Arlo Baby using the Android App. Selecting or deselecting the Always on audio option does not change anything.

Mutant_Merino
Aspirant
Aspirant

For me, this issue is constant anytime the app is running on my phone.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation