Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice

Looks like their's an update to the Arlo app which says it now supports Homekit. Has anyone had a chance to test this or are we still waiting for a newer firmware?

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Baby firmware supporting Homekit is now available. Check the firmware on your Arlo baby to make sure it is on the latest version: Firmware Release Notes and be sure to download the latest version of the Arlo iOS mobile app from the app store.

JamesC

IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice

My Arlo Baby now has the latest firmware and was working fine for about 4 hours. It has now lost connection and won’t reconnect to my network R7000 router. Please reach out to me to resolve this poor Q/C issue.

IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is crap. Doesn’t matter what firmware version I’m on. Doesn’t do the one thing it’s advertised to do.

IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice

Since I can't seem to edit this post whatsoever... Let's explain this in a bit more detail. Last night we received an automatic firmware update which allows the arlo baby to work with homekit. I was pretty stoked. Seeing how anything that's allowed to work with Apple's homekit, has always been top notch. The Arlo baby camera was added to homekit and everything seemed to be working great for a couple of hours. (except background audio on homekit) Of course the issues started right after we put our daughter down for the night in her crib. My wife was viewing the video feed in the home app and all of a sudden it stated that it couldn't connect to the camera. We tried force quiting both apps to see if that would fix anything. Nothing. Opening up the Arlo app, we see that the camera was once again not connected to our Netgear r7000 router that's two bedrooms away. I tried removing the camera from the 5GHZ wifi network and connecting it to the 2.4 network. The camera connected fine but still never showed us a video feed. We need answers Netgear... Give us steps that we can make to ensure connectivity, Always. I have 100mbps connection in my nursery on my iphone and still can't seem to stream 720p audtio from one netgear device to another.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

IAMSAMMICH,

After connecting to the 2.4ghz connection, did the camera give you the same error when attempting to live stream?

If you navigate to the modes tab, does the Arlo Baby show offline?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation