Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
tnewman14
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the Baby Arlo this past week. My husband and I have the exact same iPhone, for some reason his phone is the only one that doesn't cut in and out on the sound for the monitor. Mine, it cuts in and out; eventually shuts off; the picture will cut out. Will these problems be fixed too? I would hate to have to return the camera due to it not working propoerly. 

12 REPLIES 12
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What phone model and OS...info needed for a better answer in case someone wants to try an dupe your issue.

The normal procedure is on the troubled phone is to delete the app and re-install and then check again.

If still NG, I would do a reset on the Baby and retest again.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
tnewman14
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the iPhone 7 and it's up to date (10.3.2) maybe I'll try deleting the app and download it again. Does it have to be completely deleted like off the cloud too? Or just from the phone.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just delete the app from the phone, reinstall

Morse is faster than texting!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tnewman14,

If the feature is working correctly when using your husbands phone, it sounds like this issue is isolated to your mobile device, not the camera.

Please let us know the results of reinstalling the app.

JamesC

tnewman14
Aspirant
Aspirant

I guess thats the good news. I even tried the iPad I have and it was doing the same thing. It was weird. I deleted it and downloaded it again last night and clicked the icon to keep the sound on and it didn't seem to work last night on my phone. Any suggestions of what I can do? It might be better if I try again this weekend during her nap so I'm awake to make sure HA-HA. But thats the only idea I can come up with. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tnewman14,

What iOS versions are installed on the ipad and your iphone? Are they up to date?

JamesC

tnewman14
Aspirant
Aspirant

The iPad is for sure not the current one (it wont upgrade anymore because its old) but the iPhone 7 is up to date. 10.3.2 updated it not long before I got the camera. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tnewman14,

Do you notice any difference when the app is using your WiFi connection or mobile data? Does your husbands phone work using both or does it have the same behavior on one or the other?

JamesC

GBart302
Star
Star
Just bought Arlo Baby. My Samsung S6 works great (typical 5-10 second delay everyone else is reporting, would be great it it was improved, but I can deal with it). My wife's iphone 7, on the other hand, the Arlo Baby doesnt function at all (Arlo Pro cameras are working in the same manner....not well). The video is spotty, doesnt play the entire video or sound feed. I would categorize it as not functioning at all. I just updated her phone to the latest software level and ensured Arlo app was up to date.

Needs to be fixed soon! I love my Arlo devices and have been looking forward to the release of Alro Baby, but as we all know, "if she ain't happy, nobody's happy"...haha. Help me sell my wife on the amazing Arlo Baby camera by making it work with her phone!
GBart302
Star
Star
Cameras/app not working on iPad either.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GBart302,

Does she have bluetooth enabled on the iOS device? Consider disabling bluetooth and try again to see if you experience the same behavior.

JamesC

GBart302
Star
Star

Ok, so, I tried a few things:

Reset the camera and synced it with my 5.0GHz wifi also hooked my Samsung S6 to 5.0Ghz. (instead of 2.4Ghz)- result: delay on my Samsung S6 decreased to about 3-4 seconds (GREAT!)

Checked the spotty picture and video on my PC through website log in, and on iPad - found the camera was still not working great.

Did as you suggested, turned off Bluetooth on my iPad, *without* changing it to the 5.0Ghz network - works great, same 3-4 delay as my Samsung device.

Video feed seems to delay or drop on initial connection - but once the connection is established or re-established, it seems to work fine.  I guess I can try to put the iOS device on the 5.0Ghz network next.  But for now, it seems to be much better.

I don't see my wife turning off her Bluetooth on her phone (convenience thing), because she uses Bluetooth with her car ALL the time.  But I can probably get her to use the iPad as the primary monitoring device.

Thanks JamesC.  I will keep you updated if things change.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation