Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO GO is reconnected to the network

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
NanNan
Follower
Follower

I just got the New ARLO GO camera from amazon.com.

I change the simcard from the original Arlo Mobile to Local service provider in Thailand. The first testing simcard (Local service provider) was fine no connecting issue at all. I can play live camera at anytime from my phone.

Then, I change the simcard to another one same service provider (with unlimited internet connection, 4Mbps speed). The camera start going offline many times and my e-mail has received at least 20++ notification e-mails per day, mention "your Arlo Camera is reconnected to the network." (as shown in attached photos)

My question are:-

1) what's wrong with the camera or simcard?

2) how to stop receiving those 20++ notification e-mails?

3) is it normal that the Arlo Go will go offline when NO Motion is detected? 

10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

NanNan,

If it worked without issue using the previous sim card and service provider, it sounds like the signal strength at that location could be poor through the new sim/service provider. Poor signal strength could be causing the camera to drop offline.

JamesC

Neid24
Aspirant
Aspirant

If it loses connection do we need to go back through the entire setup process again?  Shouldn’t it connect automatically?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It should be automatic.

Gmaio64
Tutor
Tutor
Hi guys, I've same problem with my arlo go, my (same) question is: how to stop receiving those boring notification e-mails?
Thanks an regards.
Gmaio64
Tutor
Tutor
No one is able to answer?
Just reply if it possible or not. It will be enough as a reply.
Thanks and regards.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Gmaio64

Which notifications are you  trying to shut off?

Gmaio64
Tutor
Tutor
Notifications, via email, received upon reconnection to cellular network of the camera arlo go.
As per subject and previous post.
Thanks and regards.
Karuna
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.  I had this notification going on for over a week this month, but finally stopped and after numerous support calls, it was surmised that it was a faulty cellular tower.
No notifications for a week until last night after I fell asleep - so did not get the notification until this morning.

My question: With this notification of camera being reconnected - is this always a case of cellular disconnect?  The reason I am asking is because of my camera being shut off without my own doing. I do not receive these notifications when the camera is turned off.  I want to be sure that when this notification is sent, it has to do only with cellular connect.

Gmaio64
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, my camera is always on, so the e-mail I (still) receive are due to cellular disconnect/reconnect.
Right now the best way to survive to e-mail "spam" was to route those mails to junk basket.
No other way to solve? Thanks and regards.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Karuna

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation