Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go AT&T - Discovery Failed

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Southerngrace11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Model: VML4030-100

Took the ArloGo to AT&T. Activated SIM (that came with device) and added it to our current plan. Got home to set it up and keep getting "Discovery Failed - Your Arlo Go could not be discovered" message when trying to create an account. Called AT&T to check SIM, it is activated & working. Any ideas on next step to take in troubleshooting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Southerngrace11
Aspirant
Aspirant

I ended up taking my Arlo Go to another AT&T store and got it connected finally. 

They had to put a new SIM in (not the one that came with it) and then we had to do a reset on the device before our Arlo account was able to discover it. In the end it was the reset that got it to connect. There is no reset button on the device. In order to reset you have to scan a reset QR code. See link below for reset instructions and code.

Also, the first AT&T store set the device up as a phone line instead of an add-on device (tablet, etc.). Beacuse of how they had it set up, it was an additional $20 per month on my current AT&T contract (personal not business account). After we finished today at the second AT&T store, they adjusted our account set up so that it was on our account as it should have been and is only an additional $10 per month as expected.

How do I reset my Arlo Go camera to factory default settings?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked ( with your phone ) as to the signal level in the LTE band for the Go?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning @Southerngrace11,

I see from your post that you have the Arlo Go camera that uses AT&T Enterprise service based on the model number you entered.  Did you activate your AT&T under an Enterprise account or personal (retail) AT&T account. If the SIM card is for a personal account the SIM card may not work. I am checking on this further and will provide an update once the information is confirmed.

Can you confirm if you followed the steps in the Knowledge Base Article linked below?

How do I activate my Arlo Go camera’s AT&T SIM card?

To identify your Arlo Go service provider, follow the steps below:

Open your Arlo Go camera’s battery door, remove the battery, and look for the serial number on the device label inside the battery compartment.

• If the serial number starts with 51F the service provider Arlo Mobile and service can be purchased from within your Arlo Account.
  • If the serial number starts with 4RF or 4YY the service provider is AT&T
  • If the serial number starts with 51B the service provider is Verizon

Another way to identify your Arlo Go service provider is to compare your camera's SKU to the list below:

VML4030-200NAS = Arlo Mobile

VML4030-100NAS = AT&T Enterprise
VML4030-1VZNAS = Verizon

If you'd like to work with me directly please send me a private message with your contact information and I'll reach out to you shortly.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,

ChristineT

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Southerngrace11
Aspirant
Aspirant

I ended up taking my Arlo Go to another AT&T store and got it connected finally. 

They had to put a new SIM in (not the one that came with it) and then we had to do a reset on the device before our Arlo account was able to discover it. In the end it was the reset that got it to connect. There is no reset button on the device. In order to reset you have to scan a reset QR code. See link below for reset instructions and code.

Also, the first AT&T store set the device up as a phone line instead of an add-on device (tablet, etc.). Beacuse of how they had it set up, it was an additional $20 per month on my current AT&T contract (personal not business account). After we finished today at the second AT&T store, they adjusted our account set up so that it was on our account as it should have been and is only an additional $10 per month as expected.

How do I reset my Arlo Go camera to factory default settings?

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

This is very interesting...  As I reported this long ago.

If you don’t mind be asking, what did AT&T set up the Arlo Camera as ?  a tablet or camera.  

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation