Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go Mobile Plan cost

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ritawarren
Guide
Guide

I am ready to purchase an Arlo Go, however I ahve a problem with your mobile plan. Why is the Arlo Go Mobile Plan so expensive? $26 - $32 monthly fee and Arlo only records a few minutes a day?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ritawarren,

Arlo Go is designed to record on motion detection, this means most of the data usage will come from motion detection events. To get the most out of your Arlo Mobile minutes plan, take a look at these tips here: How can I get the most out of my Arlo Mobile minutes plan for my Arlo Go camera?

JamesC

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ritawarren,

Arlo Go is designed to record on motion detection, this means most of the data usage will come from motion detection events. To get the most out of your Arlo Mobile minutes plan, take a look at these tips here: How can I get the most out of my Arlo Mobile minutes plan for my Arlo Go camera?

JamesC

Ritawarren
Guide
Guide

Thank you for your response...however that is exactly my question...if you only shoot a few minutes a day based on motion, why should the cost be $26 -$33 a month? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ritawarren,

The subscription rate isn't determined based on usage. You choose the subscription plan you want and that determines the amount of data available for use per month.

"Your Arlo Mobile plan comes with 15, 120, or 225 minutes of video per month. This is the lowest possible amount of minutes included with your Arlo Mobile plan. You will always get at least this many minutes of video upload time every month."

JamesC

Ritawarren
Guide
Guide

Thank you again for your response...so Netgear is charging $30 for  225 minutes, less than 4 hours of recording...that seems to be a very high price...

Jkennedy
Tutor
Tutor
I have the 225 min plan for my business. I chewed up 90 min in the first day from lots of activity. 225 min a month is insanely LOW! What happens when I hit the 225 min a month? Do I get hit with overage charges or does it keep working? I can't find a straight answer anywhere on the net...
Ritawarren
Guide
Guide

I agree, this Arlo Go 225 minutes does not make any sense...This should be at least a 2,500 minute plan for the high price of $26- $33 per month...The 225 minute plan is less than 4 hours in 1 month!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The camera will no longer produce recordings once the limit is reached. When nearing your plans minutes limit you will receive a notification via email. From there you would need to purchase additional minutes via subscriptions on your Arlo account.

JamesC

Ritawarren
Guide
Guide

This may end up costing hundreds of dollars every month as Netgear/Arlo is charging $30 for every 225 minutes...

Jkennedy
Tutor
Tutor

Wow.... unreal... had I known about this I probably wouldnt have bought it. What a rip off. Charge people almost $500 for the camera... Then $100+ dollars per year for the cloud recoding fee and THEN almost $400 a year for 225 minutes per month that will run out in days or 2 weeks at the absolute most! How can you even offer this to busineeses  as a solution? I even bought the "business plans"! I am positive i will be returning this product to the store and getting my money back and letting anyone I know that asks me about this product its a rip off! The camera itself is nice and easy to setup and works good... but my goodness the consumer gets the shaft on the "backend" with all the fees. Its pretty sad when you go to by the camera you cant find any information of plan costs or cloud costs. Its made to sound like its one price per month/year... wrong! But now I understand why no info is given out cause folks wouldnt buy it from the get go. Talk about nickel and dimming. Yes I am upset in this email cause you are really sticking it to the consumers.. just pathetic.

-Kennedy

Ritawarren
Guide
Guide

I wonder if the 225 minutes was a typo? Did you ask Netgear/Arlo about that?

Jkennedy
Tutor
Tutor

No its not a typo. It is verifiable at 225 total minutes per month. That the highest plan that is offered and also the most expensive.  😞

and dont forget thats just the plans minute cost. If you want to record to the cloud for longer than 7 days that is an additional monthly/yearly cost as well.

I have read other threads that if you are a current At&T mobile customer you can add the camera to your cell plan for $10.00 additional a month and it uses your cell phone data plan and that would prevent you from buying the "Netgear/Arlo minute plan". But i have not verified this with At7T if this can even be done. But you would still have to pay the cloud storage cost per month/year even if you use a personal cell phone account.I may check into this route and see if its possible because 225 minutes a month is not going to cover but 1 week for me out of the month. And i have my recordings set to 20 second clips and lowered all other settings to try and save minutes but it still chews them up tp quickly. Their lowest plan talks about it gives you 1 clip per day... that makes zero sense... if you use 1 clip a day then why even need a camera. ha ha.

People that buy these cameras for a business oe even homes now a days in our crazy world are needing it for security and safety and to say you get 5 minutes of live viewing time per day and a few minuts worth of video clips per day toal and thats all to be the correct amount for the months minutes is absurd. I gues maybe if you live on a private island with no one else it would prob be a great plan for anyone. Lol.

-

Kennedy

Ritawarren
Guide
Guide

Let me know if your ATT idea works…Do you have it set to start recording based on motion? If yes, how is that working? Does it start recording as soon there is motion? Is the video clear? Are thee nay fake recordings that it records even if there is no motion?

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation