Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo base station wont sync with app

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sicmix
Follower
Follower

Hi All,

base station won't connect to the setup wizard,  it is connected,  I have factory reset it 3 times,  has all 3 lights green and ready to go.  Not sure what to try next.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The issue appears to be due to the base station already being set up.  Having all 3 LEDs being green means you have power, access to the servers and at least one camera synced.  I'm guessing you haven't actually reset the base, perhaps because you used the old method of pressing both the reset and sync buttons instead of just the reset button.  If you truly had reset, the camera LED wouldn't be lit.

Instead of attempting to set up a new system, log in and tell us what's on the Devices tab as well as what's in Settings, My Devices.  Anything?  Did you buy this new or used? If used, the potential issue is that the previous owner didn't deactivate the base in his settings.  If this is the case, only contacting support using the Contact support link at the bottom here will be useful.

If you want to try resetting the base, press the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. On the Devices tab, use the Add Device button to add the base and then sync the cameras.