Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
TrulsZK
Apprentice
Apprentice

I like the Arlo Q /+ cameras, however I am wanting a portable Arlo Go camera with SIM card, however it looks like it is only available in the US. Any idea when it will come to Europe.
Today my only option for a "portable" cellular camera is an Arlo Q with a portable router powered by a large battery pack. This is very inconvenient + low runtime + not weatherproof
In other words an Arlo Go camera would be perfect, unfortunately it is not available, any idea?

27 REPLIES 27
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TrulsZK,

At this time I do not have any information on the future availability of Arlo Go outside the US. Keep an eye on the products page of the Arlo website for updates on availability.

JamesC

Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
If you bought an arlo go from a us seller would it work in the U.K. With a uk SIM card?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pgsullivan,

At this time, Arlo Go is only available for use on AT&T under domestic data coverage. For more information, see here: Where can I use an Arlo Go camera?

JamesC

Harossi
Guide
Guide

@Pgsullivan and @TrulsZK

Hi there,

I just purchased from the US the camera Arlo Go a few days ago. I am currently in Greece and after switching the SIM card (micro) to a Greek one and by setting off the PIN, the camera works fine. So, if you can get one, do it and by replacing the AT&T SIM card with one from a local provider, you are good to go.

This is what I did:

1. Purchased a new micro SIM card from a Greek provider.

2. I installed the SIM card in my phone and set off the PIN of the SIM card.

3. I put the aforementioned SIM card in the camera (after removing the one it had by default - AT&T).

4. I downloaded the Arlo App in my iPhone and followed the directions to register the camera into my account.

5. Camera works!

I had the same worry, but I can confirm that it works without any issues at all. Even at low signal my camera works.

I hope that you all have the same and easy experience I had.

Harossi
Guide
Guide

Yes it will. I just set up mine in Greece. Please see my response above.

markab0572
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Harossiwhich Camera Model did you buy? I saw that Amazon.com ships to europe too https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y24Q3HX/sr=1-1/qid=1504527653

thanks

elsral
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

I just got delivered to Ireland this Arlo Go that I ordered from Amazon in US.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y24Q3HX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

which is the same as the one mentioned by you markab0572.

I just set it up with a Vodafone Ireland Sim and working no problem.

Hope this is useful.

Helixbob
Initiate
Initiate
Vodafone have announced it today in multiple countries and good monthly cost.
Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

Hi, Harossi

What kind of SIM card did you buy? In Norway, we have two types of SIM cards that can be used in equipment like a camera: one is a regular SIM card for a mobile phone; phone, data, roaming etc. The other is a SIM card for data traffic only. Yes, I can ask my supplier, but they probably do not know anything about Arlo Go yet..Smiley Wink

---Svein Olsen, Oslo, Norway---
(...and I hope Google translater do it well...!)
TrulsZK
Apprentice
Apprentice
Either SIM card type will work as the camera only needs data. A data SIM is just a mobile broadband using the mobile data from existing subscription, the SIM has its own 12 digit phone number, same for both Telenor and Telia, Ice.net does not offer a data SIM.
If you have a mobile phone subscription / mobile broadband from either Telenor or Telia I would have ordered a data SIM for; kr29 Telenor Frihet, Yng, or U18; kr49 Telenor mobile broadband, or kr30 Telia per month. A data sim is definitely cheaper then ordering a new subscription, this can be ordered from Mine sider under Services / Tjenester
Harossi
Guide
Guide

Hi I use a SIM card that I would also use in a cell phone. It doesn’t need a big data plan. I have 5 Gigs and it’s more than enough.

Harossi
Guide
Guide

Arlo Go obviously 😀

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

All three Arlo Go can be purchased, regardless of telecom operator? AT & T, Arlo Mobile or Verizon?

TrulsZK
Apprentice
Apprentice
The Arlo Go AT&T and Arlo mobile have the same Wireless spesifications
WCDMA/HSDPA/HSUPA/HSPA+ operating bands - Band 1/2/4/5/8
LTE FDD operating bands - Band 1/2/4/5/12/17

Have heard reports that the Arlo Go AT&T outside the US by inserting a local SIM card into the camera.
bogie1
Apprentice
Apprentice

In Europe Arlo Go has launched with Vodafone in Spain, UK, Italy and Germany. This will have the correct power supply for you. It is not locked to Vodafone, and will work with any EU provider SIM card. You may have to purchase with a Vodafone SIM, but can always cancel it.

You just need an activated SIM with no PIN lock on it. Data consumption is not very high, I average less than 1 gig per month.

cheers

bogie
Zouzou
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi @Harossi sorry to jump in your post but which Greek provider did you use? Did you have to add APN settings somewhere? Have you ever had to restart remotely the whole thing?
Harossi
Guide
Guide

THIS IS FOR MY ARLO GO CAMERA.

MY SIM CARD ALREADY HAD THE APN SETTINGS. ALL I DID WAS INSTALL IT IN MY CELLPHONE FIRST AND REMOVED THE PIN FROM THE SIM CARD. ITS FROM COSMOTE.

I HAVE RESTARTED THE CAMERA ONCE, BUT NOT REMOTELY. 

Zouzou
Aspirant
Aspirant
@Harossi thanks very much for that info. I am hoping to try it out in Greece soon, have been waiting for the Arlo Go to arrive in the Uk for several months and so glad to have it.
PhilipTs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the Arlo Go from Amazon and got the one that came with Netgear sim, which should not matter anyway. I added it on my account in USA and appeared fine.  I brought it to Greece and put a Cosmote data sim in it. The camera appears to get network coverage but does not connect to the cloud. It just does not go pass the point of blinking amber with buz no matter how many times I tried. I am in Athens and would be interested to meet you and see what you did and yours works. 

Harossi
Guide
Guide

Hi, it looks like a technical issue to me.

All I did was to remove the pin from the SIM card, installed it into the camera and followed the application’s instructions - the camera connected right away.

Have you tried to reset the camera, uninstall the app and install it again? I would suggest that you contact Arlo if the above doesn’t work. Perhaps Netgear has locked in the previous SIM card’s info to your app, or something like that. 

I will be happy to hear that it works. 

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

I have just received my Arlo Go imported from the United States to Norway. Switched SIM to Norwegian SIM and the camera works perfectly. A little pricey import, but ... When is it coming to Europe?  Smiley Happy

bogie1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Launched in Europe last November with Vodafone. Unlocked. Spain. Italy. UK. Germany but works anywhere. I have one with solar panel which keeps it fully charged even through a UK winter

cheers

bogie
bogie1
Apprentice
Apprentice

It may have been locked to Netgear mobile. Call or get in touch with support online to check. May just need a manual setup of APN if your new provider is no in the auto setup database. By default it could have been setup for the original SIM provider.

cheers

bogie
PhilipTs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much. 

I will contact them and let you know. 

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation