Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go not detecting motion

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
LucieMac
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought the Arlo Go. Upon initial setup it worked great indoors pointing at interior of cabin. When I placed it looking out the 2nd story window, it doesn't detect motion outside, nor do the LED lights light up when I do the sensitivity test. Is it because there is a piece of glass (the window) in front of the camera lens?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

None of the wireless cameras, including the Go, will detect motion looking through glass since glass will block the IR needed for detection.  Place the camera outside and it will work fine.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
LucieMac
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not at cabin right now, so I don't have the correct model number

LucieMac
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is on the Verizon network

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

None of the wireless cameras, including the Go, will detect motion looking through glass since glass will block the IR needed for detection.  Place the camera outside and it will work fine.

LucieMac
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!

DIrtychoncho
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thats brutal  if it cannot detect motion through a window. The night vision won't work well due to the refection but motion should work. I have a Nest indoor cam that points out a window and it works fine for motion detection with no issues. That said i find the motion detection area of my Arlo Pro I have in back yard isn't the best.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q cameras detect motion through glass nicely.  It all depends on the detection method - PIRs need IR, glass blocks it.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

DIrtychoncho wrote:

Thats brutal  if it cannot detect motion through a window. The night vision won't work well due to the refection but motion should work. I have a Nest indoor cam that points out a window and it works fine for motion detection with no issues. That said i find the motion detection area of my Arlo Pro I have in back yard isn't the best.

Nest doesn't work on IR like the Arlos... It is more like the Q which uses pixel change detection

The Q will work thru glass ( no night vision but good in low light. )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation