Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
davidgraves
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought a brand new Arlo Go.  While plugged in, my Arlo Go works perfectly.  However, it goes "offline" when I unplug it from the power adapter.  This camera is supposed to be used off the power grid, and thats how I intend to use it.  What am I doing wrong, or what's wrong with the camera?

PS - Battery is fully charged and is brand new.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
davidgraves
Aspirant
Aspirant

I figured it out.  The battery terminal connectors on the inside of the unit were not making full connection with the battery.  I simply bent them just enough for them to make full connection.  The unit is up and running fine now.  Thanks for the input!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Pull the battery pack and then replace...

go into settings and check if camera LED status is turned on ( lights blue when battery is fully charged)

(can take about 3 hrs to fully charge )

if it drops when the plug is pulled, it appears to be a power issue...tho the battery should be charged on delivery some have been lower then normal at time and need charging

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
davidgraves
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have already pulled the battery pack several times.  LED will not even blink when unplugged.  Battery is fully charged (charged all last night).

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

did the LED show blue ( if toggled on in settings )...may be a bad battery

davidgraves
Aspirant
Aspirant

The LED never blinks when unplugged.  The camera will not give me the option to turn it on/off unless it is plugged in.  However, when plugged in, it works perfectly.  Is there some kind of setting that you have to tell it to work off the battery?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you have a BAD battery....

If the battery is fully charged AND the settings for Camera LED is on the led on front will should blue ( full charge )

There's is nothing else to turn on , if the battery is good it will work when the plug is pulled

Contact Netgear Support ( bottom of page ) or exchange if able

davidgraves
Aspirant
Aspirant

I figured it out.  The battery terminal connectors on the inside of the unit were not making full connection with the battery.  I simply bent them just enough for them to make full connection.  The unit is up and running fine now.  Thanks for the input!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation