Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go out of Focus and Blurry

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Oldblade
Guide
Guide

My Arlo Go is out of focus and very Blurry it's only new and I noticed it once or twice in the past focus itself and become clear  I have attached a pic to show how bad it is.

It's setup at our Farm so a couple of hours from home is there any settings I can change that might help. (I have tried night vision)

Thanks in advance

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unlike most other posters here who claim out of focus, your's truly IS out of focus. However, you say that it also can be clear so it's unlikely a hardware problem since all Arlo cameras are fixed focus. Does this happen only at certain times of the day? I'm thinking that it could be due to moisture (dew?) on the lens which then clears up.

Oldblade
Guide
Guide
I have a video of me installing it and it’s clear as it also shows how it does actually focus itself but I can’t post it up here like I can a jpg which is annoying so your just going to have to trust me
Oldblade
Guide
Guide

As per Support call 40111763 

I have attached a picture showing the signal 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No Arlo camera focuses - they're all fixed focus. If you can see it changing (perhaps only when handling the camera) it would seem to be a loose lens or sensor. Either way it would be a hardware problem that only a replacement would cure. If possible swap at the store or open a case here for an RMA.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oldblade,

It could be due to a dirty lens. Have you tried cleaning off the face of the camera?

JamesC

Oldblade
Guide
Guide

Here is a video of when I wipe the lens so I question if it focuses you tell me

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/8C07D235F3B6616C_201806

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That video shows it was definitely schmutz on the lens that caused the blur. It appears that there may still be a bit of a film on the lens - try using a drop or two of a lens cleaning solution on a clean cloth and try again.

Oldblade
Guide
Guide

it's back to Blurry again

this is driving me nuts

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Wipe it again and check. It may just be environmental. Do you have another camera to swap positions with? If not, bring the camera indoors for a day or two. If the issue follows the camera, open a case with support here.

Oldblade
Guide
Guide

So got an email from Netgear saying to take it back to the store Telstra for a replacement as it's a hardware Fault see below

"Hi Oldblade,

Thank you for answering the call.

Based on the Screenshot and Troubleshooting steps that you had perform on the camera. It is clear that it is a hardware issue on the camera.
Please have it replace on Telstra so that you can have this issue resolve.

You can always refer to this case number 40111821 as your reference when you call us back.

We appreciate the time assisting you. Thank you for choosing NETGEAR.

Regards,

Mike
NETGEAR L2 Support Expert"

Problem is took it back to the store Telstra and they said they dont replace and I have to send it off for repair.

Funny thing is I was at telstra and calling netgear and both were telling me it was the others responsability. I even put them both on the phone to each other and each others system was telling them the opposite thing. Very frustrating as a customer 

So I have left the camera with Telstra and I hope to get a new one back some time soon 

Frustrated Customer

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you simply return the camera?  If so, use the return money to buy another.

Oldblade
Guide
Guide

Been trying that sadly no luck

Oldblade
Guide
Guide

Well Guess What!!!!!

I had the camera replaced and you would never beleive it but here is the outcome.

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/B7B32756CFB3E620_201808

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation