Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go via Verizon

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Rongalveston
Follower
Follower

I am considering purchasing an Arlo Go. My question is, since it operates from either Verizon or ATT phone towers..........how much of a delay between motion and recording.........in other words.........does it have to dial up or is it continuously connected? Could a thief walk up to your camera and disable it before the video was sent, during a dial up period. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Arlo-Man
Luminary
Luminary

It's cellular service just like your phone. It does not "dial out" like old landline internet services.

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

It does 'Dial out" hence the MID assigned to the SIM card.  The "call" set up is identical to a LTE call.(Cell site, Switch (Ip gateway), The good thing about LTE is the latency and the abilty to send very large packets of data

Arlo-Man
Luminary
Luminary

A call and data usage are not the same.

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Arlo-Man wrote:

A call and data usage are not the same.

As far call/data set up they are the same.  BOTH "dial out".  Why do you think there is a telephone number attached to the SIM card?  The only difference is after either session is handed off by the eUtran to the wireless switching center AND MID (on the SIM) card is authenticated,  it is routed to the PTSN or the PS Core for IP.

alanferg
Tutor
Tutor

Technical jargon aside, can anyone answer this question in simple terms? Assuming I am looking at my smartphone when Arlo Go detects motion, what is the delay time from motion detected to receiving the notification and being able to live stream?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

alanferg,

Push notifications are received instantly upon motion being detection (at the start of the camera detecting motion). It may take a short amount of time to initiate a live stream (5-10 seconds) depending on your mobile devices internet connection speed.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation