Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go vs Wireless Trail Camera

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PeaSoup
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want a wireless camera to help with cat trapping (for TNR).  Right now, I need to trap a cat in a parking lot a mile away from home, and want to be able to watch the trap remotely.  I've used non-wireless wildlife cameras before, so my first thought was to get a wireless one.  But I also have an Arlo camera system for home, and thought I could instead incorporate an Arlo Go.  In fact, when I trap in my yard, I put the trap under an Arlo camera and use Live Feed to regularly check.  What I like about the wildlife camera is that I can use a security cable to lock it down at a remote location (yes, the cable could be easily cut, but it prevents random passerbys from just picking up the camera).  I'm also thinking that a wireless trail camera would be easier to lend to other trappers (or could I set up the Arlo Go to send alerts to another email address than mine?).  Has anyone used both types of cameras, and thus can comment on which might be better for my particular application?  Thanks.  

1 REPLY 1
bogie1
Apprentice
Apprentice

You can invite others to view your Arlo go. Re the security issue, the Arlo Go fits a standard camera mount so you can get a variety of securre mounts/straps that fit.

cheers

bogie
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation