Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go will not detect motion unless within 4 feet of the camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Max-
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is for the Arlo Go cam that works with Verizon. I have two Arlo cams one is the wifi simple model and the other is the Go cam.

The Go Cam has a terrible motion sensor, unlike the little simple WiFi home Arlo Cam. They keep asking for the model number and at the same time the model number is nowhere to be found on the camera, either camara. Its is certainly annoing and stupid on Netgear's part. 

I read somewhere where in one reply some Troll declearing that the motion sensor is bad on all cameras, which is a false and misleading claim. The small Arlo WiFi cam has a great motion sensor, it will catch me from 20-ft at home while moving around. The Go Cam has the worst Motion sensor as you have to be within 4 ft of the camera for it to catch the motion.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would try and reset the GO by pulling the battery pack and also check your settings on sense level.

I have tested my GO right next to a PRO and have found the sense pickup for them to be almost equal.

It is possible there is an issue with your unit and I would reach out to Netgear Support about it

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Max-
Aspirant
Aspirant

Netgear sent me a new Cam and the new cam is working good during the day. At night time when its dimmer with the lights on the camera will not catch motion unless almost within a narrow field in front of it. For the money the motion sensor should be way more capble and sensetive.

But in any event it works better than the first unit I got which was not functional. 

I almost wish Apple to get into this market since quality and responsiveness is an obsession with them. 

Max-
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am far from expert but I did check all of that stuff. Its way less hassle to to reboot the device than to go and mail it back to them. 

The new cam is way better it was a deffective unit. New cam is okay but the product needs some matruring. I am doing the best I can with feedback because I understand new stuff and its glitches. 

This is in reply to   J Guerdat (who writes himself to be a Guru)

The burden of getting the camera to work right and all of its setting must never,, must never ever fall on the end user me. Remember the client buys to use out of the box, having the customer become a geek on the Arlo cam is stupid and guarantees abondonment of the product. 

Advice of this nature that you just gave me should go to the product developers and not the end user. Would you expect your grandma to be able to do what you just suggested?

I could and would, but most could not, and most have much more important things to do like WORK than become experts.

I spent some time looking for your menue never seen anything like you describe in any of the menues, supposing you are legit and not a troll that still indicates the App sucks. Since that stuff is not easy to find and use.

Coming back with estoteric fixes by delving into the Cams setting which are not obvious in the simple manues is idiotic. And will guarantee that people will go and by another product.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation