Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go with Solar Panel

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ArmorBee
Initiate
Initiate

I have (3) Arlo Go cameras, each with Solar Panels.  I am using these cameras on construction job sites that do not have power or internet established.

Thus far I have installed two of them.  I have positioned the panels correctly and connected all the cables per the documentation, but I am constantly receiving a message that the Arlo cannot charge from the power source that it must be charged with the Arlo power adapter.

I installed the latest firmware update before I installed these cameras, but now they aren't charging.  I know one of them that the issue is not the battery.  It charged from a wall outlet overnight and ran 100%.  Now that the camera is up on the pole and attached to the solar panel, it keeps throwing out this error that the power source is not compatible and to use the power cable.

I bought these cameras soley to address the lack of power and internet on these sites, I have the Verizon Mobile Data on these cameras, and in the first week of installation I'm ready to take them down and ship them back to Verizon.  

I can't have more than 1 bad solar panel?!?!?!  Please advise/assist.  My Foreman are not going to keep going up and down a ladder in order to charge this camera.  

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While faulty hardware is always possible, I'd double-check the connectors. They can be very difficult to get properly inserted - I've had to struggle to both connect and disconnect them. Take your time and use visual, physical and tactile clues to verify that they are properly and fully inserted.

ArmorBee
Initiate
Initiate

We checked all the connectors and made sure all the packing film was removed.  I have one camera that is telling me it is charging but it can't get past 36%.  I used the simply solar app to align the panel and even on bright sunny days, the percentage is not increasing. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try charging the battery fully using the USB power supply and then monitor how the solar panel works.

Wakeupng
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.  Any update on your issues?  I'm about to purchase go and solar and don't have the time for faulty products.  Your feedback is very helpful.  Thank you.

fivehands
Initiate
Initiate
I have almost the same issue
But my solar panel was working fine for a month now all the sudden it is kicking back the explication point on the battery icon. I’ve brought camera home and charged it to 100% and I still have the problem.
Wakeupng
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm a couple months in now and the experience with this product has been terrible.

No matter how demail oriented I am with the plugging in of the solar panel it eventually (within a day) goes to the error message.

Additionally I have now been experiencing for the past few weeks the false motion recordings that others have complained about.  Yes I have adjusted the sensitivity way down.  Still send lots of clips of nothing.

Starting to really hate this product.  Unless there is some actual customer support from this company I will be returning this unit and going another route.

Wakeupng
Aspirant
Aspirant

Of course I misspell "detail" Haha 🙂

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

fivehands, Wakeupng

If you're experiencing issues with your solar panel, try the following:

-disconnect the power cable from the camera and the solar panel

-open the battery compartment door and remove the battery

-replace the battery and close the battery compartment door, be sure the door is closed tightly

-reconnect the charging cable to the camera and the solar panel, make sure the connect is tight and secure

-check your mobile app to make see if you experience the same error message.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation