Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
MikalB
Guide
Guide

Can anyone advise what I need to do to activate my AT&T SIM card?

I own 11 other Arlo and Arlo Pro cameras so I am very familiar with the Arlo products and the Arlo Go worked fine for the first 15 free minutes that were included but I CANNOT get AT&T to activate my SIM card.  I have followed the instructions and have spoken to and chatted with about 10 people at AT&T.  No one knows what I am talking about.  Netgear has been zero help.  I am going into my third week of not being aboe to use this device.  When it worked, I liked it and it worked well but with no wireless service it is useless for my needs.  No one at Netgear seems to know what I am talking about and they just keep bouncing me from person to person and I have to start over each time.  No records of my previous conversations, even with a Support Case #.

A few details.

-Arlo Go was being used on my Arlo account which is currently capable of supporting 15 cameras.  Only 11 are on the account.

-I paid Netgear for the Arlo Mobile service which includes 120 mimnutes of data.  I have used 0 of 120 minutes avaialbe.  At this point I am paying for this service with no way to use it.

-I am positive that the SIM card is an AT&T card because AT&T is the only service available in this area and it worked fine for the first 15 free minutes plus I verified by the first seven numbers on the SIM card that it is indeed an AT&T card.

-I removed the camera from my Arlo account at the advice of one of the Netgear "experts" so I have no way to log in since the camera is now offline due to no data service.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I simply need to know who to talk to and what to tell AT&T to get this card activated.  The only way they tell me they can do it is to open a new account and I pay them a monthly fee for the service, for which I am currntly paying Netgear.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What exact model of the Go is yours?  I'm not totally up on the differences but not all models actually use an AT&T SIM.  There are threads here that talk about the differences and the issues associated with them.

Edit:  check this thread:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Go/Using-AT-amp-T-Data-Plan/m-p/1298595#M746

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MikalB,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on this topic.

JamesC

drhurtado
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the camera from Amazon.com, Went to an ATT store ad spet 3 hours betwen Arlo and ATT support and unable to activate the camera under ATT network. Please help 

lwthomas1
Apprentice
Apprentice

If you bought the camera on Amazon you got the VMC4030-200NAS which only works with the Arlo Mobile plan. That is why it works for 15 minutes. They give you enough time to tweak it and mount it. To activate it with AT&T you will need the VMC4030-100NAS model. You can activate it and add it to your data plan just like a tablet for 10 dollars a month.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation