Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection still photos with Arlo Go

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ajzeli1972
Follower
Follower

Is it possible to take still photos with Arlo Go through a trigger with motion detection? I don't always need video and would even rather have photos most of the times, since I am using as a game camera. Also is there a way to adjust how long Arlo waits before taking another video from motion detection?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Video only.

to my knowledge, there is no user adjustment setting for how long the camera waits before it records again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Video only.

to my knowledge, there is no user adjustment setting for how long the camera waits before it records again.

alanferg
Tutor
Tutor

Ajzeli1972, how do you like using the Arlo Go for a game camera? I'm considering the same use, but glad to know the lack of photo capability. Seems like a huge oversight.

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

If you have a captured video,  you have the ability to pause the video for almost the same effect,  no?

I tested my Arlo Go under my tree bland last year.  wanted to see the walking pattern of deer coming into my area.  worked great.

alanferg
Tutor
Tutor
Hula_Rock wrote:

If you have a captured video,  you have the ability to pause the video for almost the same effect,  no?

I tested my Arlo Go under my tree bland last year.  wanted to see the walking pattern of deer coming into my area.  worked great.

Unfortunately, no. Ability to snap, save, and download or e-mail photos is a necessary feature. Simply pausing video doesn't suffice.

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Capture.PNG

Very well,  just shooting out some ideas....  Did a little test:

This picture was taken from a paused video.  it was downloaded, saved and emailed to myself 

alanferg
Tutor
Tutor
How was the photo acquired from the video? Screen shot?
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

its a "snip it".... (very simular) 

Video was downloaded, from the Netgear Servers to my PC,  I then created the Snip it, then I emailed it to myself.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation