Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Seehas1975
Guide
Guide
So had a few problems. Could not up date firmware. Slow internet. Got all of that taken care of. Was back to working like new. Started getting odd notifications on my phone when motion detected. Do checking into it more...detects motion on all 5 cameras but a huge hit and miss of when it will actually record.
I have these cameras work for a few months and then something happens. Get them working again and a few months later something else goes wrong. Sucks to get to a camera 10' off the ground that is already set to view a certain area down into the house and re sync every time.

Bad update?
5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Maybe try restarting your base station.

When you say "something happens" or "something else goes wrong", what is happening/going wrong?

Seehas1975
Guide
Guide

I wish that was it but I have already reset the base.

I just keep having problems.  Motion not detected was an issue, then the the video color was orange and green, then it could not update and I had to spend another $35.00 a month for faster internet.

Now it detects motion but only records some times.

I have only had them for a year.  Worked great in the begining.  

felt like I had a piece of mind and was safer with the cameras, well not so much now.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

What firmware versions are your base and each of your cameras on?

Seehas1975
Guide
Guide

2.4.2_17124

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This is in the Arlo Go section but you seem to be using an original wireless system (not the Pro). You also posted the app version rather than the base.  The camera is up to date but the base should be 1.8.8.0_11528.  You can always check your versions against the latest released in the Relese Notes section here.