Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not receiving email confirmation

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DevonTT
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just bought three Arlo Go cameras. Because of sharing needs, each is on its own account/login.

With two of the cameras, I can confirm my email address perfectly fine. The third camera/account will not send email so I can confirm the email address and receive notifications. They are not going into a spam folder.  I ran the firmware update on all three cameras, so that appears not to be the underlying issue.

Searching this help board turned up a similar issue, but there does not seem to be a user fix for this.  

Please advise.

9 REPLIES 9
brh
Master
Master

@DevonTT

In the camera that is not sending emails, did you edit the push notifications to use your email address and not the email address of the person you invited? Double check that.

Brian

DevonTT
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, it's the same email that I use for logging into the account, and both buttons (Receive Notification and Push Email Alert) are checked.

brh
Master
Master

@DevonTT

TomMac just posted something interesting. You can set this by camera by Mode. See:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/arlo-app-for-ios/m-p/1523065#M32656

and look at your settings in the mode you are using.

Brian

DevonTT
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the email address in both places already.

DevonTT
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, this is weird but it might give us a clue as to what's going on. 

I granted access to this camera with another Arlo Go account. I am getting notifications sent to that account's address.

But the email address associated with the camera itself is still not receiving notifications. FWIW.

DevonTT
Apprentice
Apprentice

My goodness, this just keeps getting weirder. I thought a workaround might be to share the camera to the same address that the account is registered on (i.e., the same address I've been trying to verify). When I go through the steps to grant access and hit Send Invite, the confirmation window flashes on for a millisecond, but there is no "Pending" notice in the list, nor do I receive the invitation email.

It's like Arlo hates this email address, but there is nothing odd about it:  arlowhitepine@theretrievers.org

I have not had this issue with any of the other 6 cameras we have on our team, each with the same naming convention.

What is going on???

DevonTT
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, I punted and created a new account using a different email address with fewer characters. This time it works. Honestly, Netgear. If there is some limitation on email address characters or somesuch, you should tell us about it.

brh
Master
Master

@DevonTT

Good, I am glad you solved your problem. I upgraded my internet yesterday and every time I took a breather from trying to get all my devices online, I was thinking about your problem. I would not have thought about that.

Brian

DevonTT
Apprentice
Apprentice

I don't know if character length was really the issue, but for some reason, setting up the account under a different email address worked. Thanks for thinking about my problem! 🙂

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation