Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will Arlo Go cameras stay trickle charged off the solar panel for areas with heavy activity?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
DAiello
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

We would like to know if we can plugin the solar panel to an Arlo Go camera with an area of heavy activity and allow it to stay charged or do we need to go the extra expense of hard wiring AC to the units? We do not want to have to replace and recharge batteries but will invest in solar or hard wiring as an option if needed. We need the camera to be outdoors in varying weather conditions and it needs to connect to Verizon towers over a cellular network as wi-fi is not an option for the location.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

~Danny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@DAiello

As long as you can get a few hours of sunlight per day I think you should be alright with the solar panels. My Pros after two or three days of cloudy weather wiil drop by about 10%, but it only takes about 30 minutes to charge them back up. I think I read that it takes about 3 hours of sunlight to fully charge the batteries from near dead.

Brian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@DAiello

As long as you can get a few hours of sunlight per day I think you should be alright with the solar panels. My Pros after two or three days of cloudy weather wiil drop by about 10%, but it only takes about 30 minutes to charge them back up. I think I read that it takes about 3 hours of sunlight to fully charge the batteries from near dead.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Heavy usage (recording and live viewing) could present a problem. How much does the battery level fall now on a typical day?

DAiello
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sounds like it should work assuming there aren't too many successive cloudy days to prevent a top up.

Thank you Brian

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation