Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
PaolinoIt
Follower
Follower

hello, i am looking to purchase an arlo camera. I prefer the idea of the Arlo Go, being indipendentfrom WIFI.

from the preorder, it is clear the cost of the camera but it is not the cost for the 3G/4G service.

Is it included in the cost of the camera?

Paolo

52 REPLIES 52
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The data plan for the GO cameras is a separate cost,  Not sure how much if any is included in the purchase

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
cyclejuice
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm a UK resident, I'm hoping that this can be setup with any data sim relevant to which ever country you made your purchase.

The network that covers the most here in the UK is ee. Especially on their 4g.

So I'm also hoping that when the purchase is made you get a choice of data sim provider & on a card that can be topped up as & when needed.

Looking at the cost also it would only seem fair that your choice of sim came preloaded with data, so that you really are ready to Arlo - GO.

Cheers.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cyclejuice,

At this time, Arlo Go is only available for use on AT&T under domestic data coverage. For more information, see here: Where can I use an Arlo Go camera?

JamesC

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

From what I understand, if you have a current ATT data plan the camera is an add on and does not require a seperate plen.  

dallas75205
Aspirant
Aspirant

Very strange that Netgear does NOT put any info on their website about how much the AT&T monthly fee would be.  After calling AT&T (the number listed on Netgear's website) and asking - the woman told me she had never heard of this camera.  She transferred me to somone else who also had never heard of this camera.  She then asked for my regular cell service number which I have with AT&T and she said the fee would probably be somewhere between $15 and $100 but would depend on what plan I currently have.  Really???  VERY ODD that no one at AT&T even knew about this camera or how much the monthly fee would be.  Did I mention that I was on hold for over 20 minutes while they were trying to locate info for this camera.

Also, I tried calling Negear at the number (408-638-3750) they list for the U.S. and after 3 or 4 rings - it hangs up on me.  Called numerous times and this keeps happening.

I will probalby make a video on post it on Youtube about this.  Pretty sad about all of this when I have been waiting for this camera to come out for months.  My boss was probably going to buy 10+ of them for his property.

Update (3/8/17 - 2:02 pm CST) - I just called AT&T Office of the CEO and the woman I talked to herself - said she too had NEVER heard of this camera and that she is actually going to have to do some research on this and would call me back.  SAD!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dallas75205,

Arlo Go uses the AT&T network and requires an active SIM card with an AT&T data plan.  Take a look here for AT&T contact details for account and rate information: How do I activate my Arlo Go SIM card?

JamesC

Cdlaw
Aspirant
Aspirant
After anxiously waiting for the release of the Arlo Go I finally received the camera. I contacted At&t for activation. Like other users I was told by multiple departments that At&t were unable to activate the sim card. They have absolutely no knowledge of this device or any data plans associated with the Arlo Go. While entering the IMEI number into their systems it continually could not locate a device with those numbers. After speaking with a dozen people including upper management I was finally told to take the device to a authorized At&t dealer for activation. I took equipment to the store and was successfully able to activate equipment. I was not a current At&t customer so I had to open a account with them. Also keep in mind At&t's data plan pricing is not consistent with what Netgear has told me through technical support. Also At&t will charge you an additional $10 per month for the device (which I own). Any additional cameras I purchase and add to the data plan will cost extra. Anyone having difficulty activating your new Arlo Go..Do not call the number listed in the setup guide as they will be completely oblivious to this camera. Hope this helps 🙂
dallas75205
Aspirant
Aspirant

So you are paying a total of $10 per month to AT&T?  Have you used the camera much?  Are you happy with the video image as well as the motion activation?  What about night view?  I was looking to buy probably buy 8+ of these as my boss has a huge property in Dallas and he does not get good Wifi at his home as it is a old home and would be very costly to rewire.

I'm VERY SHOCKED at how neither Netgear or AT&T seemed to know anything about the monitoring of this camera.  I called the CEO's office at AT&T and even they had NEVER heard of this camera.  Pretty sad!!

If you have time and know how - I think it would be a great idea and I think a lot of people would appreciate it if you could post some footage on Youtube. 

Thanks for info,

Jeff

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Image quality is great,  I also noticed a great improvment in the night vision function as well.  IR lights seem to cover a bigger area.  It is $10.00 per SIM, per month.  If you have a AT&T data plan, it would take minutes away from the data usage.

As OP said, for now, it is highly suggested that you take the Arlo go into a AT&T store.  It is VERY easy for them to scan the ICCID/IMEI on the box and and add it to your plan.

dallas75205
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  I understand it only records when the camera detects motion - correct?  Have you test the motion sensor yet?  If so, are you happy with how fast it triggers and begins to record?  If you do not mind - where did you buy your camera and what price did you pay?  I wish they would sell these on Amazon! I just checked and they only sell the other arlo cameras but not this one.

Hope you will consider placing video footage on Youtube.  Sure would like to see it.  You could review it and possibly make a little money from Youtube if you got quite a few click views which I think you wouldu consider there are none on this camera yet - at least video quality.

Cdlaw
Aspirant
Aspirant
The data plan At&t offered started at $30.00 per month. Unlike the starting price Netgear has listed at $14.99 per month. And yes At&t will charge you a extra $10.00 per month per camera. Which I should be able to share the data plan between cameras and again No I was not an existing At&t customer until yesterday. I haven't had much time to play with the camera after spending over 5+ hours attempting to activate lol. I have clear quality and seems to be some lag to motion but get push notifications pretty quickly and sound seems great. I also love the two way radio option. I would hope that when Verizon sims are released that we will have the option to switch data providers because I prefer Verizon over At&t in my area. Yes you can set it to record when motion or audio is detected. You can also view live footage even when the camera is disarmed. There seems to be alot of features to this camera. To be honest I cannot say at this time if I I love it or not or whether I will be purchasing more. I purchased mine through Compusource.com they had the best price just below $450 each and I had it within 4 days using standard shipping.
RTW1
Tutor
Tutor
Just take it in to ATT store, they activated in 5 minutes. $10 per month.
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

This is motion detection only, audio detection is turned off  IMPRESSED !!!!!

sddibbs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I contacted Verizon a week ago- in regards to the ARLO GO- they "let" me order it too! Even after I insisted that the product has not been released yet- they pushed back with YES IT WAS! They dinged me for $349 and sent me---wait for it---THE WRONG DEVICE. Clearly, they were clueless. When I called back to tell them they had, in fact, sent me exactly what I DID NOT WANT- I asked them about the ARLO GO again and what the details were they had zero knowledge of it- and I navigated the customer service rep through their own website to find the said device. Finally- after at least 30 minutes- I gave up. They were clueless. It actually bummed me out- because my company is OVERLY stoked to purchase several of these for our construction sites. I'll just continue to wait with bated breath. 

Cdlaw
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why don't you just order one through the suppliers. That is if your only wanting the one that works with Verizon. I have been keeping a close check for the release of the Arlo Go that operates with Verizon as well. Haven't been successful in finding that one yet. Keep us informed of when you do 😀
MrPhish
Initiate
Initiate

Verizon Wireless (US) just announced the new Arlo Go camera for sale. $349 w/ a 2-year contract or $399 w/o. I had the camera added to my existing account for $5.00/month. $40 activation fee (one time). Camera will be arriving in 2-days (free 2 day shipping). Hope this helps all who were waiting for Verizon Wireless to carry this product.

Slagish
Star
Star
So is it $10 per month standalone pricing? Or is that $10 added to an existing plan?
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

10.00 in existing plan with ATT.  Most carriers charge it as an addon to your current data plan.

lwthomas1
Apprentice
Apprentice

CDlaw - Might I ask where you purchased your camera that works with an AT&T plan and how much data you get for the $10 a month.

lwthomas1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Can you tell me the model number of your camera? Was it VML4030-100NAS or VML4030-200NAS?

Cdlaw
Aspirant
Aspirant
I Purchased it through Compsource online. It is the VML4030-100 NAS it operates on At&t. The Verizon model was not available at the time of purchase or I would have chosen the Verizon camera. I also did not have a existing At&t plan so I had to get that set up and my cost is 45 monthly for 4mg of data. Hope this helps. Also, while looking at Compsource website it seems they are out of each model of the Arlo Go at this time.
lwthomas1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok Thanks. Yes I did not see any on the site you listed in your earlier post so I just wanted to verify that it was not a typo. Also, when you ordered the VML4030-100NAS, was AT&T able to activate the SIMM that came with the camera or did they just use one of their own. I already have an AT&T plann so I want to find a Camera I can just add to my data plan. In troubleshooting this problem with the one I have I can tell you that the VML4030-200NAS only works with the Netgear plans. The Verizon one is the VML4030VWQ.

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Mine was activated with the SIM that came ith the unit at a AT&T store. It is 10.00 a month added to your plan and it uses data from your current plan.  Surprising, it does not use that much data.  I record 7-8 1 minute videos a day with very little impact on my plan.

lwthomas1 wrote:

Ok Thanks. Yes I did not see any on the site you listed in your earlier post so I just wanted to verify that it was not a typo. Also, when you ordered the VML4030-100NAS, was AT&T able to activate the SIMM that came with the camera or did they just use one of their own. I already have an AT&T plann so I want to find a Camera I can just add to my data plan. In troubleshooting this problem with the one I have I can tell you that the VML4030-200NAS only works with the Netgear plans. The Verizon one is the VML4030VWQ.

lwthomas1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hula Rock, you bought yours at an AT&T store.  They don't sell them here at the store or online at att.com. Was that recently.