Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Top Contributors

2nd factor Authenication added to the login process

Hello,

I tried to search for this idea, but didn't see anything.

I would like to see 2nd factor authenication options added to the login process.

Thanks

28 Comments
Novice

It's very common these days for hackers to crack passwords. My email account was recently hacked, and I had a strong password. Enabling 2-step verification solved the problem now and forever.

Will arlo's website be upgraded to add 2-step verification? Without that feature, what prevents a hacker from signing in and accessing my cameras? 

A "security" system without 2-step verification is insecure. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Dennis

NETGEAR Moderator

DK_WA,

I have relocated this topic to the Arlo Idea Exchange.

Thank you for your contribution,

JamesC

Has this been implimented yet? 

I brought the security system because I suspect I have a hacker. If they are just able to get into the account and delete without me having the ability to undelete what was there then how is this going to help me?

Can a permanent storage also be implemented for the 7 day period so it can be seen by the account owner? This is where the deleted files would be kept. I thought this was the 7 day period when I picked up arlo too (nothing is lost for 7 days). 

Due to circumstances, if these items are not upgraded within the next 5 business days I will be returning them to Best Buy so that I can get security somewhere else. Please let me know.

I am really happy with the arlo's picture quality and motion detector. I just thought I picked up security system.

Novice

Hello,

Strange to see it's not available from vendor like NETGEAR and for product that deals with SECURITY Smiley Sad

NETGEAR Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Thank you,

JamesC

Fledgling

2FA needed, please give this request priority.

Ideally using Authy.
Aspirant

I'm a bit concerned about the admin web interface security since it's only as good as the password of an admin user.

It would be great to have the option to inforce two-factor authentication for admin using the web interface, or at least for the primary system owners login.

Fledgling

I find it absurd that not only, in a security context, there is no alert for each new login, but even after more than two years did not see 2FA !!!
I have to move to other brand?

Novice

Any news about 2FA? We bought an ARLO system to monitor our shops chain but in Italy it's MANDATORY to have a 2FA for video where employees can be video recorded. What should we do? Change supplier? Giorgio