Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2nd factor Authenication added to the login process

Hello,

I tried to search for this idea, but didn't see anything.

I would like to see 2nd factor authenication options added to the login process.

Thanks

Comments
theluke79
Guide

Folks at Netgear.... i just bought ARLO, I mean, this is absurd, no 2FA.... even NEST has 2FA now....!!!

Same goes for many others netgear cloud services, what is happening here? This is a major flaw!

walkingstick
Fledgling

Hello Arlo Team,

Are you going to update us at all with the plan or are we going to continue being ignored? Please let us know what the plan is.... I cannot imagine it is that difficult for you to go to your engineering team and get an update on what their plans are... We know that team members monitor these communities, so ignoring us is just more of a reason for us to be dissatisfied and look elsewhere for a more responsive, and secure, alternative.

Thanks.

bmurph213
Aspirant

To add to this, 2FA is great to control access, but they should also implement a trusted device list and logs to review as well.  This way you can only login by 2FA and 2FA only works from a trusted device.  The logon review should be there to allow users to validate the controls are working as desinged and that no one is spying on them with access to your Arlo cameras.  I am very much interested in when Netgear will add this to the Arlo interfaces like Google did with Nest.

I think the Arlo product is superior to Nest with capabilties, but deficient when it comes to security. If Arlo cannot secure the access to its cameras, then the additional features are pointless.  When is Netgear going to add this to this product line?  Anyone know? As @GBrojanigo stated, it is manditory to have this different regions.

Thanks!

derek44smith
Follower

This is unacceptable - I am going to look at other products as well. Everyone who is considering buying this product should seriously look elsewhere for a solution that offers two-factor authentication. This is a security feature that is not hard to design into an application - Netgear shouldn't allow public logins to peoples cameras without an option for two-factor!!! Huge Security flaw!!!!! 

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo team is still working hard to deliver new features to all existing Arlo product lines. I encourage you to continue offering your support for new ideas by adding Kudos.

JamesC

lcor1979
Fledgling

It's not a matter of new feature but a matter of basic security for your customers.

I wonder why companies such as Netgear are not taking security seriously for sensible data like this.

mfloe
Novice

Netgear and Arlo,

I have read through a few of your community posts and also sent you an email. The fact that you have not updated your systems to use 2FA, Trusted Devices, etc. is to me a great "blank spot" in the fact that you make your living on security...

Would highly appricate a response to all of the posts that have so far come. When Google, Facebook and other have been able to implement this, then i would expect Netgear to do the same. 

If I am not able to get a response from the Netgear/Arlo team then i am guessing it will need to be elevated.

PlantVogtle
Novice

Hello Arlo CEO,

I would strongly suggest start the Two-Factor authentication, my crazy ex-girlfriend hacked my email account,

where she turned off all the cameras and broke into my home, if I've had Two-Factor authentication this wouldn't

happened. It's sad ARLO is NOT even trying to do anything about it.

I'm trying to sell my unit, it's wothless!

SecGuy86
Fledgling

Two factor is necessary right away. Text message or second email verification is key. 

softish
Fledgling

So much needed feature!