Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Preserve important videos for longer than 60 days

Hi,

We need a video for litigation purposes. Unfortunately, the maximum paid subscription is for 60 days. Is there a way to preserve the video longer than that (say 180 days). I'd be willing to pay for that archival/storage service. The reason for wanting to preserve the video is that when played from the Arlo website, it is: (i) authentic evidence, since it is stored on a third-party cloud, (ii) the timestamp is preserved and shows when the video plays.

Thanks,

Nishkam

Comments
steve_t
Master

Please download any videos you think may be needed to be kept longer. You could even backup that file to multiple places manually. If you have a large enough USB drive attached to the Pro base, you could potentially have videos retained there for much longer

willl
Novice

I would like to be able to store 90 Days of Video memories in cloud. Right now the maximum plan I can find is 60 days.

JamesC
Community Manager

willl,

Currently, the maximum subscription plan (Elite) allows for 60 days. We recommend you download and store locally any content you wish to preserve for a longer period of time.

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

JamesC

willl
Novice

Sure. I am a developer, so I'll be able to script something to automaticlly save the recordings, however I would prefer to just pay you more money each year and not have to do this myself.