Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

× Community Posts & Replies will be disabled for planned maintenance later this week. Learn More.
Top Contributors

Alexa/Arlo speak detections

Lets get the app updated so the Alexa can speak the Alro's motion detection alerts. I appreciate the phone notifications, BUT if I'm in my home walking around I normally don't have my phone on me and would like to be vocally notified if there's motion detected around the outside of my home without having to go through lengthy IT "hacks" to get Alexa to vocalize the detection. I believe it would be a beneficial and a great way to upsell your system. Hoping this gets added soon Smiley Happy

6 Comments
Observer

That's a great idea!

Novice

I would also very much appreciate this, it would be so helpful 

Novice

I thought it would work that way . With the Amazon Echo Show you would think an alert and screen Veiw of the alerted camera would automatically show up.

Apprentice

YES... An excellent idea that I am sure would be appreciated by many.

Follower

Great idea. I would further add the ability to choose Alexa notifications by Zone. So if I only want alerts announced on Alexa if motion is at a door vs. any where in yard. I'd also want to be able to limit the annoucement to Alexa device I choose, i.e. not the kids room Alexa device (how annoyed they'd be if their gaming was distracted by a stream of false alarms)

Tutor

I thought this was also a current feature of the Alexa skill.  I like how I can call up a feed from my cameras to my Echo Show, but having a vocal push notification on whatever selected Alexa device would be a excellent feature.