Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Top Contributors

Arlo Base Station notification if unpowered

I usually get a few notifications a week about camera activity. Last night, noticing there was no recent activity, I logged into my app and much to my surprise, the entire system was offline. I looked at the base station, and it appears someone unplugged it in our house a week ago when moving some stuff around, and never plugged it back in.

I was astonished to find out from tech support that there is in fact no courtesy reminder that the system was unpowered. While it would not make sense to have multiple reminders when someone takes it down purposely, a single notification or email would have been very very helpful, considering it had been monitoring the house since I installed it last autumn.

I get a notification if a camera battery is low, why could one not be generated if the whole system is powered off?

3 Comments
Novice

I agree! I think a simple notification or alert notifying you the base station went offline would be extremely helpful! This is home security after all! This is supposed to the thing thats always watching out for our homes, businesses, and our loved ones there! It would be nice to know when its not even online! I think many users have experienced issues with their system being down and times they were totally unaware for some time. 

A 'cloud security solution'' that can't monitor the health and availability of that "security solution' isn't a 'security solution', it's a novelty web-cam project.. Until Netgear implements a way to monitor the health of the base station and send notifications/emails on changes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the cameras and base station - it's a novelty security product that isn't ready for production.
Initiate

Other Lower Quality Camera Systems such as BLINK provide Email Notification for Base Station & Also Cameras OFF-LINE after a short time delay!