Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Cloud Subscription Plans Availability on Puerto Rico

After purchasing, setting up 10 of these wire-free cameras and trying to purchase a suscription for your cloud service, Netgear support indicated me that the suscription service is not available for Puerto Rico (a US Territory) and there's no future plans for that.

I know that the cameras have a basic cloud suscription of 7 days but that is not enough for the intended use.

If your service is not available in all countries you should at least indicate that in your product packaging.

Now I have to remove them and take them back to the store.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

Mvelez,

Arlo subscription plans are not currently available in all countries/territories. Take a look here for more information: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud storage is available?

JamesC

ksalgado
Novice

Totally agree. Here in PR Costco is selling the system and now it turns out that it is useless as I cannot upgrade the subscription plan to avoid pet detection so I cannot arm the system. By the way Arlo Support, Puerto Rico is not country but a US territory. 

jcoramapr
Onlooker

Some time ago I bought a few Arlo wireless cameras sets. I think it's a very good system. I like the image quality and wireless convenience. However, despite living in the US territory of Puerto Rico, the system lacks some of the best functions promoted by Arlo. From upgrading the Subscription plan till CVR plan among others. This limitation results in some inconvenience that can be solved for the benefit of both sides. The buyer who needs more resources as well as Arlo increasing revenues. There are users willing to pay for those services, since crime rates have increased after hurricane María hit Puerto Rico last year beating local infrastructure. Allowing US citizens in Puerto Rico to upgrade subscription plan and CVR would be great.

Olivero
Onlooker

When is Arlo Smart coming to Puerto Rico? Come on Netgear! Puerto Rico is part of US!

Olivero
Onlooker

Not Fair, Come on Netgear! Puerto Rico is part of US, we want to upgrade to the Arlo Smart Plan!

jcoramapr
Onlooker

Yes, please. Let’s show there is a customer appreciation and commitment helping improve security through the whole nation allowing the upgrade option everywhere.

apagan13
Novice

Netgear, you know that the system is useless without Smart activation, be responsible and give us what we pay for.

ededadma
Novice

I bought a Arlo Wireless System model VMS4630 of 6 wirelsss camera, after the installation , notice that the free cloud service only allow 5 cameras . That for the 6 camera I need to upgrade service, off cource , a paying service. In wihch I was ok with that. I tried to upgrade for the $9.99 service , but it does not allow me to do that becase I was located in Puerto Rico. I bought the system thru amazon , but locally you could get it anyware, Best Buy, etc. This is not the first system i have, I already have also in my bussines installed. It could be a great Idea to give the upgrade service to Puerto Rico customers. Verify how many customers accounts of Arlo systems are already in Puerto Rico, we should have the right to get the service, If you could sell it here, you should get the service. Also this could represent a good bussines for your company. $$$ 

Thank you, and I hope that my Idea could go foward and be helpfull for us here in Puerto Rico and for your company.

Gekkosan
Onlooker

Adding my voice to this outrage.  What an idiotic, shoot-yoursefl-in-the-foot, missed-revenue policy!

We can buy the camera in Costco, we have access to Internet, we're a US Territoy, and Arlo discrinates... why exactly?  

Of course, I just found this after I spent the whole day setting and calibrating all the cameras!  Taking the whole thing down and returning it is an incredible drag!!
Sheesh, am I mad now!!

mfouco
Novice
Joining in here. First 5 cams are already streaming and saving to your online servers, why can't you extend the paying plan availability to Puerto Rico?