Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Top Contributors

Arlo Geofencing - Force Location Update

Hi, I would like to suggest do add a button to re-check your actual location. Sometimes even if you are at home it keeps telling that you are away and alerting every motion. Turning GPS, wifi, mobile data off, doesn't work. The only way is to disable geofencing then enable it again. Too much work. Hope this can be improved.

4 Comments
Follower

I agree. I also had it think I was at home when I have been 100 miles away, and had to turn geofencing off and on to get it to reset, and even then, it's not always perfect. 

Initiate

geofencing now it's realy buggy, turn it off until Netgear will release an update.

Novice

I would love to work with the geofencing, but as described above my location should be updated more often. Manual action is required now to refresh my location on my iphone.

Novice

Agree that Geofencing does not work as advertised.  It has issues identifying member phones both in and out of fencing zones, and fails to change the mode per the settings. Have not been able to set up and have it work as noted

Netgear needs to update this function as it is a great idea, but software has been executed poorly.

For my office, I have just set up a timed schedule which works pretty well since we know occupied and unoccupied time of day, and days of week.  Does not work well for home, since no real schedule to follow.