Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Customize Battery Alerts when battery reaches your choice of battery remaining

You shoud develop customized alert, especially for low battery status when the battery reaches your choice of remaining battery.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

Currently an email alert for low battery is sent when batteries are at 15%. More options for low battery alert customization is a great idea!

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

JamesC

itsamemario
Follower

Currently, Arlo only sends a notification for battery at 15%. It would be great to at least get a final notification for when the battery has nearly died. 15% is quite a bit of battery left and we may forget to change it. A notification towards the end of battery life would be great!

SKhandu
Initiate

I so agree with this... Also from 100% to 15% it takes a month and I see that from 15% to camera dead happens in a couple of days.. This has happened twice in a row.

I would like for a notification to send out (via IOS) and an email - when the camera is just about to die - e.g at 5% battery remaining.

wayneph
Aspirant

Or allow individual configuraiton of when and how (email vs. push) settings go out.  Once it gets to 5%, I want to have an alert at 4, 3, 2 and 1.  Once my wife gets the second alert, she'll make sure I prevent the final 3...

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Arlo needs to bring this battery notifications back. It hasn't worked for months. 😞

oturn3
Initiate

I received a nice 5 a.m. low battery wakeup call from the Arlo app today. Either I've been lucky, or this is new.

My normal 6 a.m. alarm works just fine. Can we customize low battery warnings please? I really don't want to have to mute notifications every night to avoid getting woken up by a low battery. My camera notifications are only enabled from 7 am to 11 pm...please let me do the same for the battery. I don't need to know about a low battery when I'm asleep.

Thanks!

RUS911
Fledgling

When battery levels are low, I now get an email and a push notification.

The push notification might just be sent to me during the night whilst sleeping. That spooks me of course.

It would be very cool if the battery notifications are only sent during the day (on my timezone) or only by email. Or just a silent notification.

The notification for motion detection (alarm) should NOT be changed.

Thanks.

OttoKnowsBest
Novice

So what the status dev team?  I get 100s of emails a day because you have decided not to allow the frequency of alerts or the ability to customize the timeframe or ANYTHING at all.   You really need to work on User Experience here people.  Make the change.  You have over 30 upvotes now, how many are needed to add this feature?  Get your scrum master to bump this up on the backlog!

ant
Mentor
Mentor

I doubt Arlo company cares. We have had many requests of very old issues that weren't done. 😞