Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras less then 2 meters away and they have a very bad signal

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jonataw
Follower
Follower

Hello!

I tried to contact Arlo Costumer Service, but even the people that work in Tech Support won't help and give me the information to contact them...

The Arlo Security System that I bought almost a year ago doesn't work! 

- The batteries last no longer that a month and a half, and the model is cr123, which is an old model almost going out of market for cameras that are no longer produced anymore.

- The range of the base station is very bad! I have cameras less then 2 meters away and they have a very bad signal, the videos of the sensor detector are recorded after the movement was passed, and half the time I want to see them live they don't work.

And after that the people that work in Tech Support don't know how to do they're job... and they lied to me twice with wrong information to contact Costumer Service!

I hope Everyone can see this before they buy the product so you think twice if it is worth not buying a product that works and the company that doesn't respond to it!!!

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Tech support told you to contact customer service? Did you google and then contact one of the scam tech support sites online? The only support should be accessed through this website

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jonataw,

How much usage are your cameras seeing? Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro Wire-Free, and Arlo Go cameras are battery-powered and are not intended for continuous recording. The batteries in your Arlo Pro Wire-Free or Arlo Wire-Free camera last for about four to six months with normal usage, which is about five minutes of recordings a day.

Take a look here for more information:

How can I extend my Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro Wire-Free, or Arlo Go camera's battery life?

How long do Arlo camera batteries last?

It can sometimes take some trial and error to find optimal conditions for your Arlo system. Take a look at the tips in these articles to be sure your cameras are positioned for best performance:

How do I position my Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

How do I optimize my Arlo Wire-Free camera’s motion detection performance?

JamesC