Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Chrip/Beep on base instead of alarm.

Allow the Arlo monitoring customization to chirp/beep from the base station instead of using an alarm.  This is convenient to monitor the front yard when I am at home (siren is not really appropriate when I am inside the house).

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

IceX,

When using a mobile device with push notifications enabled, Arlo will send a push notification alert when motion is detected. This could be useful in the scenario you are describing rather than using the siren.

JamesC

wayneph
Aspirant

I think this could be used in combination with push notifications.  If I'm at home, I don't always have my phone in my pocket.  The chirp would be an equivalent "pre" warning.  It would cool to take it one step further and have it annouce activity.  "Back Yard Motion", "Front Door Motion" so instead of just a chirp you hear which camera it was found on.  (unless individual sounds can be configured).

MrMonkeh
Tutor

I agree with this request, it would be great for Arlo to chirp, not too loudly, when my front door camera detects motion

_nd345
Initiate

+1 , plus volume control, cuurent alarm volume is just too much chaos for inside

MoBO_GVA
Novice

+1
* A better sound control (type of sound or schema) that could be assigned to various plan/schedule/mode

This could a great way to be simply "aware" of a possible "visitor" of any kind in a friendly and acceptable way.

brh
Master
Master

It will be interesting if Arlo does come ot with a video doorbell the speaker/siren in the pro base station could be used for ringtones. I would love to see that. 

Brian

RedDogRecords
Aspirant

Have the choice of notification sound when setting up a new mode. You could have an 'at home' mode where the base station simply chirps to notify you someone is there, and other modes where the alarm is loud and a theft deterrent.