Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Custom Geofencing Suggestion

I know Geofencing is still in the Beta phase, so the engineers may already be doing this, but I'd like to suggest the Geofencing recognize devices and respond accordingly.

I have 3 phones in my household (soon 4 this Christmas): Mine, my wife's and our teenage son. I have Pro cameras inside and outside. I'd like that when only our son (and soon daughter) is home that the exterior cameras remain on and the interior cameras be off. That way my wife and I can monitor when the kids get home and if anyone comes to the house. But when either my wife or I are home the Geofence would go to the Schedule mode.

This could theoretically be accomplished by creating Master & Slave rules/lists. Something like this:

- Master List has my and wife's phones
- Slave List has kids' phones
- Geofencing checks the 2 lists IN ORDER. If any phones in the Master List are In Zone, it will not do any further checks and will go to the Home/Schedule mode.
- If no phone in the Master List are In Zone, Geofencing will then check the Slave List. If any of the phones in the Slave List are In Zone, then Geofencing will go to a Custom mode.
- If no phones in either list are In Zone the Geofencing will go to the Armed mode.

Seems like a simple enough thing to do (easy for me to say!). But this would make the Geofencing feature that much more useful. Thanks!

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Thank you,

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

Ideas
Follower
Idea for settings.

The notifications go off all the time while at home and run the battery down quickly while at home and walking around outside. This is for outside camera fixtures.
It would be good to see a setting that could turn cameras on at night and while away from the home.
For example.
Setting geofencing/ scheduling combination.
Eg. set for on at night 7pm to 7am and geofencing at all other times.
So at night it turns on at a certain time.
When away from the house it also turn on.
But during the day while at home even midweek it’s off.
This should be a schedule.
Pre set at say 6pm to 7am. And geofence ( shortest distance ) then you can change the standard setting time of distance.