The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Top Contributors

Customizable delay until recording stops after motion has stopped

Would like to set the delay manually between the moment when no motion is detected anymore and the recording stops. 

Sometimes the recording stops too fast and it generates many short consecutive clips instead of one longer recording.

15 Comments

This would be good.  I've noticed the same as well.  At least give us a 30 sec runoff after motion has stopped   

Onlooker

Yes, this feature would be very useful. On some previous Foscam cameras I had, there was even an option to have a pre-motion buffer time . If that could be implemented also, it would be fantastic - but the post motion - add additional recording time option would seem to be much easier to implement.

Initiate

gerardvagyok wrote:

Would like to set the delay manually between the moment when no motion is detected anymore and the recording stops. 

Sometimes the recording stops too fast and it generates many short consecutive clips instead of one longer recording.

Agree with the above + 1 for this option

I agree, this is a function that is needed.  Sometimes a subject will trigger the motion sensor when they enter the frame and will stop moving which results in the video stopping.  They are still in frame just not moving enough to keep the video recording.  I would like to be able to control the duration once motion is detected.  There is an option to set the duration for all videos within a rule but I am not sure if the timer resets if motion is detected during the initial recording.

I just tested the "fixed length" recording and the timer does Not reset when motion is detected during a video.  If the timer was to be reset when motion is detected it could allow users to control the duration of the video after motion.

Follower

gerardvagyok wrote:

+1. I'm a new Arlo Pro user and was just about to suggest this myself. Having trouble finding balance between "too many short clips" (and perhaps more importantly, too many notifications to go with the short clips) and too much wasted video.

Setting the video to record "until activity stops" doesn't seem to help; and in fact for me produces more short videos than setting it to, say, 10 seconds; since a person will pause for a moment in their activities, which will stop the current event and start a new one as soon as the person moves again.

Aspirant
+5
Aspirant

I was just looking for this feature. Is Netgear monitoring these requests?

NETGEAR Moderator

smurfgun,

The Arlo development team does monitor these requests and is working hard to deliver new features to all existing Arlo product lines. I encourage you to continue offering your support for new ideas by adding Kudos.

JamesC

JamesC

It would be useful if there was a list of what was being worked on by development. All we have now is the status on our posts. This post is still at "New Idea". If there is a way to see what is being developed please let us know. 

Thanks