Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Idea: Monitor the idea exchange more closely.

I love the ideas in this forum and that Netgear solicits our feedback.  I am in a position where I am about to invest in 4 additional cameras to my base station.  This means I am spending another $600 + being forced to enroll in the non-free plans.

I am considering going with a different solution, but I'd love to re-invest in Arlo if I thought it was a good idea.  Some features I can get out of a home grown solution like ZoneMinder, Sighthound, or Blue Iris are compelling, but the hassle of selling my existing Arlo system, setting up a server + storage, running wires for power, etc. are unattractive.

What I have noticed is that in browsing these forums there are a number of ideas, which if I KNEW netgear had them roadmapped, I would not hesitate to stay.

For example, just to name a few:

• Motion detection zones
  • Buffering to USB to minimize lag
  • Theft Prevention features via serial # or whatever
  • Recording until motion stops
  • External motion sensors and/or zones
  • Integration with other smart hubs (Abode, Smart Things, etc.)

Another thing I noticed is that probably over half of the posts in the "Future Considerations" area under idea exchange are already implemented. - It would be a huge easy win for Netgear to make a post summarizing all of the great features they have implemented based on feedback from people.

Netgear: People are looking for you to keep us informed, it diretly impacts our decision to stay with or abandon your system.  Keeping the forum up to date, especially as it relates to requested/impletemented features is critical.

Comments
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi werkkrew,

Thanks so much for your comments and input! We have been feverishly working on an improved process for updating the idea exchange, and keeping our customers informed, and will be implementing it shortly. We sincerely appreciate and value the feedback and ideas that are posted here by you, our customers; it is a vital part of knowing what is important to YOU! We have come up with some new statuses in an effort to more clearly convey where an idea is at in the review process, and will be fully implementing those statuses soon. We have also committed to a revamp of our existing review process to ensure that the ideas are updated in a timely fashion. This too will be implemented shortly, so stay tuned. Also, feel free to post ideas you have to improve the community on the Community Feedback board