Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Notifications upon Motion detection

My fiance and I just bought our Arlo system and absolutely love it. However, I do not like the amount of notifications we receive for motions setting off our cameras. Because of the way our house is positioned in our neighborhood, in order to get the best views, it includes the street. Whenever a car drives by I get notified. I think the perfect solution to this would be to create a setting that allows us to set a time limit. For example, most of the (almost 30 notifications before noon) have been somewhere between 6-12 seconds of recorded movement, all of cars driving past; however, if I could change a setting to only get notified when the camera is detecting motion for more than lets say, 20-30 seconds or more, I think this would be much better. 

Just a thought.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

burchfield76
Novice

Mine only picks up the garbage truck. Then it sends me a notice every time i leave of my empty driveway. Never records me going to, getting in, or driving off in my car! Just the shadow of the garbage truck too. Consider yourself lucky to have a properly functioning system. Maybe try zones.

JamesC
Community Manager

burchfield76,

It can sometimes take some trial and error to find optimal conditions for your Arlo system.

Take a look at the tips in these articles to be sure your cameras are positioned for best performance:

How do I position my Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

How do I optimize my Arlo Wire-Free camera’s motion detection performance?

JamesC