Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Outdoor Arlo Mount

Create a more secure mount or kit.  Ive look everywhere and no one makes one.  Maybe mfg a lock insert similarly found on laptops and sell an optional cable locking kit made from 1/16 aircraft grade cable and design it to where it can be attached to the outdoor mount via a hole made into the body of the mount itself which is hollow.  Finally suggest security screws for mounting the mounting bracket itself.  Yes if designed well, people will pay for it.  I know I would have if it was available.  For now I designed a semi-secure modification.  A would be thief would need special cutter to cut through the aircraft grade cable.  I used blue loctite on the wing nut to ensure it cannot be removed by hand.  The loops were sized to keep them from being removed from the mount.  I figure something is better than nothing.

Arlo Mount Mod.jpg

Comments
brh
Master
Master

I would like to see a nice dome mount even if there was a hole, cutout or slot in it for the motion sensors to work. Just anything that makes a burglar feel that it is not worth his time to try to steal the camera and make it more difficult to knock down with a stick.

Brian.

GOJJGO
Guide

+1 on the more secure outdoor mount/lock request.

HakunaMatata
Initiate

i agree.. they can easily be removed/knocked down.   nice idea 

@EYESCANwrote:

Create a more secure mount or kit.  Ive look everywhere and no one makes one.  Maybe mfg a lock insert similarly found on laptops and sell an optional cable locking kit made from 1/16 aircraft grade cable and design it to where it can be attached to the outdoor mount via a hole made into the body of the mount itself which is hollow.  Finally suggest security screws for mounting the mounting bracket itself.  Yes if designed well, people will pay for it.  I know I would have if it was available.  For now I designed a semi-secure modification.  A would be thief would need special cutter to cut through the aircraft grade cable.  I used blue loctite on the wing nut to ensure it cannot be removed by hand.  The loops were sized to keep them from being removed from the mount.  I figure something is better than nothing.

Arlo Mount Mod.jpg