Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Report stolen cameras button

Is there a way to add a button (Report as stolen) for all types of Arlo cameras near to "remove this device" button in My Arlo portal Settings / Devices menu?

I have a Base station VMB3000 and if it is assigned to a profile, it can't be assifned to a different profile until I remove it from first one.

This is a good feature and if all cameras have it, Netgear can block the camera for further usage. We can report if a camera have been stoled via portal and the camera will be useless later.

The support team can have acces to the list of stolen cameras and if somebody wants to activate the camera, support team will have to check if he reported it as stolen and tries to reactivate the camera or it is a new user hwo wants to use a stolen camera.

There must be a procedure so Netgear Arlo support team to unblock the camera after customer send a solid prove like invoice, copy of the Box with serial number, or email from reseller with serial number and date of purchase..... for sure there must be a way to unblock the camera too.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

dan_leong88
Follower

Two Arlo camera with serial number 48B1527122B47 and 48B1527L24F70 are stolen yesterday 27 August 2017 at 11:56pm (Australian Eastern Time)

A police report has since been lodged but If anyone has any information in regards to this camera theft, would appreciate your advise and input.

Kind Regards,

Daniel

Twilight_Zone
Follower

Camera 48B4577C870FD

Stolen October 2017

Teknix
Fledgling

Please introduce a stolen camera database and disabling system.

Camera stolen 20th March 2018 3:40AM MELBOURNE VICTORIA

Arlo pro camera serial number: 4XH3737LBE4E7

raven66
Tutor

Camera stolen 6/12/2018 at 12:30 AM PDT in Lynnwood, Washington USA.

Arlo Pro Serial # 4XH3737UB77C5

Evacaf
Novice

I also would love to be able to report an Arlo camera stolen and have it report its location when someone tries to use it on a different base station.

Neoanderz
Initiate

Hi Guys 

Im from Victoria Australia, recently 2 of my cameras got stolen.

I just wanted to let you know that once Arlo's are stolen, dont remove them from the account, 

If you leave the camera in the account, if someone installs it somewhere else, you will see the video feed.

I know some people say if you have it paired with one base you can pair it to another. However Police said another owner (who had his cameras stolen as well) has seen them being used in theif's home and recorded the footage of the thief through stolen cameras and gave it to the police.

Police arrested him with bunch of cameras (which included my Arlos)

So in that case you still can pair it to another base, yet the original base will get the video feed (I believe).

Just a little advise to potentially recover them, DONT remove them from your account

MicahB
Novice

Camera stolen 10/9/2018 at 5:57am in Marysville, Washington USA.

Arlo Pro serial# 5EM18677A03CF

Kampas
Novice

Camera stolen 10/16/18 Bothell, Wa at 3:40 pm.                                          Serial number 4XH2727EBE8C9

That makes at least three close by in the last few months.  Arlo needs a data base for this.

raven66
Tutor

Agree, a large number of people have had their cameras stolen in Snohomish county. Many cameras that appeared to be stolen showed up on OfferUp. One seller had six without a base station. This was reported to the sheriff.