Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Widget/Individual buttons to arm and disarm modes on my phone

I would like to have two "buttons" on my phone

"arm"

and 

"disarm"

(or one for each mode would be nice)

This was, I can arm or disarm with one press of a button,

NOT

open app

select mode page

(wait a ling time for that page to load)

selct "modes"

select which mode I want.

ONE PRESS OF A BUTTON INSTEAD OF 6

Comments
sventhx
Follower

Couldn't believe this is not existing, when I installed the Arlo app...

For both (Android and iOS) there should be a "widget":

1) Showing the current status

2) Button to toggler/ switch the modes

Can anybody from the moderators/ Netgear tech team, please comment on this very basic feature? And/ or move this into consideration/ review by programming team?

Thanks!

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

2 years and no response from Netgear for something as fundamental as changing mode when you leave/return home. 

It can take ages to connect with Arlo and then select hubs (pointless when you have just one) and then you get to switch modes. 

Switching your security cameras on and off should be easy.  Make this a top priority.

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

2 years Netgear.  This is a fundamental user experience requirement.  Put it at the top of your backlog.  And have the courtesy to provide us with an update after 2 years.

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Netgear ?  Who is doing your prioritization ?  Changing modes is the most important user experience function you provide and you have made it unnecessarily tedious and slow.  When will you fix this ?

olofvk
Novice

I agree with the others in this thread. Changing mode ON/OFF is the most important user experience function. I would really like to - when opening arlo - directly see a page with two buttons ON and OFF (that wording is better to me than Arm / Disarm).

The swedish translation is hard to see difference between the two words used "Aktivera" and "Avaktivera". ON and OFF works in swedish too (translated is would be PÅ and AV).

Please ARLO this is important!

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Netgear are not going to give this any attention as their priority is new products not enhancements to the existing products.  It is likely a problem in the way their business units are structured and incentivised.  The only solution will  be to encourage a competitor like Xiaomi to develop a competing product.  They will do it cheaper and are more likely to allocate the resources to develop a solution that beats Arlo.

Snn5
Apprentice

Over 2 years ago this suggestion was made and it's still not implemented. Arlo cannot even get geofencing working on Android properly. This app is a complete joke and waste of time.

Snn5
Apprentice
Widgets have been around since almost day 3 of Androids existence however given the fact that you have to go through 15 app Taps to arm or disarm the system a widget would be a nice touch considering geofencing does not work on Android and the only other way to arm and disarm other than going through countless menus is to use a smart assistant to tell it to come on or go off.
Bigastin
Aspirant

I would like to be able to control who gets push notifications from each device. I have access to my family members camera systems as shared devices so i can track batteries and monitor as needed, but i don't need to get push notifications for their systems. If there could be a way that each user can control what cameras they get push notifications from.

The_Wraith
Apprentice
Yes, like Bigastin said - granular control over access, settings, and parameters is needed. Just because I've granted family members access to my cameras does NOT mean I want them to receive notifications, etc.