Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

add the temperature to the camera read out

would it be possible to add a temperature sensor to the cameras. alteranately add an indoor/outdoor thermometer that links to the hub to your product list.

Comments
7B
Novice
Novice

I just bought an Arlo to monitor my cabin in Idaho.  It is pretty safe, so it not as much for security as it is for just knowing a tree has not fallen on my cabin.  Specifically I had a pipe freeze last year.  Caused a bit of damage.  There is no wifi available where I am so I rely on Verizon cell for everything.  A Nest would not do the trick.  So I bought the Arlo and put a cheap thermometer on the table in front of it so I can monitor inside temp.  Ideally the Arlo would have a built in thermometer and I could set it to warn me if the temp goes below 40 degrees.  Want to get fancy, you could have a unit outside sending outside temp readings to the Arlo as well.  I've attached a photo of my temp monitoring system.

brh
Master
Master

Arlo, while monitoring the temperature of the cameras, does not report them or use. I don't believe that there is any temperature monitoring in the base station. I have suggested in the Idea exchange that they report these temperatures to the app and hope they implement it . 

Brian

mhnatt
Luminary

Here here! I have said this same thing to myself! Since the cameras obviously have a temperature sensor in them to determine when it is too cold to charge or use.  Besides, the competition has long had temperature readouts and I have been jeleous of those folks!

Heslevik
Aspirant

I agree, we have a remote home but with electricity and WiFi and an Arlo system to overlook the place.  I am looking to adjust the heating inside the house but would need monitoring of the indoor and outdoor temperature.  

Is there an Arlo solution for this - we have a base station...  If not is there an Arlo partner soulution of some kind or maybe somebody with an Arlo installation that have a solution for this ??

Heslevik

brh
Master
Master

My Arlo cameras are paired with Smartthings. Between the two companies they did an excelllent integration. All of my Smartthings and Smartthings compatible devices report temperaature and I have many uses for that. The main thing is for Fire purposes. If the temperature rises above what I have set as the threshold, I receive a notification. With that I can turn on the closest camera, turn on lights or turn on a siren.

Smartthings takes over control of the cameras and the amount of customization I can do is incredible. Many of the problems tat people are complaining about here would be solved by integrating their cameras with Smartthings.

Just my thoughts.

Brian

borice
Initiate

+1 for temperature/humidity sensor built into the camera.

SteveMonty
Star
This is an idea for Arlo 3 perhaps, or a version 2 of the Pro 2. Integrate outdoor ( or indoor) temperature and humidity. This would be a nice feature to have. I know there are weather apps however, it doesn't give the temp at my house. I suppose I could purchase a separate product. Just a thought.
SpokenSoulsRV
Novice

Model VMS4340P - 1SCNAS Arlo 3 - 3 pack with solar power.

We just purchased the Arlo Pro 3 - 3 pack series with solar power.  

We are very excited to use it on our RV.

We just found out that Blink has the temperature feature that we think is critical on our RV due to having pets inside.

Are you adding an outdoor/indoor temperature display?

if so, would this be an update to past versions of Arlo.

Otherwise we may return our Arlo pack and get the Blink pack. 

Obviously the camera's detect the temperature and warn you when it's too cold or too hot, therefore the feature must be there.  

Hoping you have good news.

Thanks.