Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iOS Widget to set current mode and see list of cameras

From a useability perspective, it would be superb to have an iOS Widget that you could optionally add to the iOS Today View, which allowed you to easily change the mode that your Arlo system is set to.

I have a number of custom modes for when I am home or away or out the back a long way from other areas in the house.  Being able to quickly swipe right in the iPhone and change current mode of the Arlo would make the task a lot easier than it is now.  

Currently, to change modes, I have to unlock the phone, open the Arlo app, authenicate, select the Mode button, select my base unit device and then choose the new mode.

With a widget, I would have the Arlo widget configured to appear at the top of the Today View.  I would then be able to swipe right from the lock screen, and choose a different mode from the Arlo widget.  This would simplify the process immensely and make it much, much quicker.

Thanks for considering this idea team ... hoping that it is something you can implement very soon

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice

Will we see an Arlo widget for iOS 14 in any future update?  It would be nice to smart stack the cameras for quick view.