Arlo displays the message “Camera needs new batteries” after I replaced my batteries; what do I do?

Arlo displays the message “Camera needs new batteries” after I replaced my batteries; what do I do?

This article applies to:

The Arlo Secure App may take a moment to update after replacing your Arlo Wire-Free Camera (VMC3030) batteries. If you get the Camera needs new batteries error message after replacing the batteries, give the Arlo Secure App up to three minutes to refresh the battery status.

If you still get the “Camera needs new batteries” error message:

Try replacing your Arlo Wire-Free Camera (VMC3030) batteries with another fresh set of batteries.

Try logging out of the Arlo Secure App and then log in again. To log out:

For the Arlo Secure App experience with Feed:

1. Tap .
  2. Tap your Name at the top of the Settings screen.
  3. Tap Log out at the bottom of the Account Profile screen.

For the Arlo Secure App experience with Library:

1. Tap Settings.
  2. Tap Profile.
  3. Tap Log Out.

If you still see the Camera needs new batteries error message after logging out and logging back in, contact Arlo Support.

Last Updated:05/31/2023 | Article ID: 1179527

Was this article helpful?

image description Yes image description No

Arlo Community

Learn from other Arlo users like you and experts that are offering up best practices and answering some common questions. Get involved and suggest your own topics to discuss as well.

Ask the Community

Contact Us

Have additional questions? Try our live chat or give us a call. Our team of Arlo experts is ready to answer your questions and help in any way that we can.

Contact Support