How do I add and manage multiple mobile devices for geofencing?

How do I add and manage multiple mobile devices for geofencing?

This article is for the Arlo Secure App experience with Arm and Disarm. If you have the Arlo Secure App experience with Arm Away, Arm Home, and Standby, please visit: How do I add and manage multiple users for Arrive/Leave Automations? 

If you want multiple mobile devices to participate in your Arlo geofencing, ensure that the required conditions are met, then follow the steps to enable or disable geofencing for the devices.

Ensure that these conditions are met:

• Your Arlo devices are online.
  • Your geofencing feature is enabled.
  • Your friend’s mobile device is added to your account.
  • For more information about adding devices, visit: How do I add friends on my Arlo Secure App?.
  • (Required when your friend wants to participate in geofencing) Your friend is logged in to the Arlo Secure App on their mobile device.
  • (Required when your friend wants to participate in geofencing) Your friend’s mobile device has the GPS or location service enabled.

To enable and disable geofencing to your friends' mobile devices:

1. Log in to the Arlo Secure App on your mobile device.
  2. Tap Mode in the navigation menu.
  3. Tap your Arlo device, and tap the pencil next to Geofencing.
  4. Tap Enabled Devices.
    The Enabled Device screen displays a list of geofencing enabled mobile devices.
  5. Tap the mobile devices that you want to enable for geofencing.
  6. A check mark appears next to the device name when geofencing is enabled.
  7. Tap Done. (Optional) To disable geofencing, tap the mobile device again.
  8. The check mark disappears when geofencing disabled.

For more information about geofencing, visit: How does Arlo Geofencing work and how do I set it up?

Last Updated:11/29/2022 | Article ID: 1096229

Was this article helpful?

image description Yes image description No

Arlo Community

Learn from other Arlo users like you and experts that are offering up best practices and answering some common questions. Get involved and suggest your own topics to discuss as well.

Ask the Community

Contact Us

Have additional questions? Try our live chat or give us a call. Our team of Arlo experts is ready to answer your questions and help in any way that we can.

Contact Support