How do I get better picture quality from my Arlo camera?

3 people found this helpful in last 30 days

How do I get better picture quality from my Arlo camera?

Improve the picture quality by maintaining the minimum upload requirement for your Arlo camera and use the Arlo Secure App to adjust the video settings.

Note: If you have a legacy Arlo camera (Arlo Wire-Free (VMC3030), Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Q, Arlo Q Plus, or Arlo Baby) that includes free cloud storage, the bit rate is reduced. If you purchase an Arlo service plan, the camera records in higher quality.

To improve picture quality:

• Check the upload speed requirement.
  • Change the Power Management setting to Best Video.
  • Place your camera in a location with a good Wi-Fi signal.
    • For more information, visit: Arlo Camera Placement Tips
    • Minimize the number of networks, Wi-Fi devices, and transmitted frequencies near your camera and Wi-Fi router, Arlo SmartHub, and/or Arlo Base Station.
  • To improve your connection, avoid uploading other data while you are streaming video.
    • Simultaneous uploads might degrade the quality of your Arlo video stream.
    • This includes uploading torrent files, uploading videos or pictures to remote websites such as Flickr or YouTube, or remote backup sites and cloud drives such as Dropbox or iCloud.
  • If your router supports Quality of Service (QoS) or traffic shaping, make sure that your router settings are optimized for streaming video.
  • For Arlo Pro 5S cameras, enable both 2.4GHz and 5GHz to get the best connectivity.

Last Updated:09/21/2023 | Article ID: 1179147

Was this article helpful?

image description Yes image description No

Arlo Community

Learn from other Arlo users like you and experts that are offering up best practices and answering some common questions. Get involved and suggest your own topics to discuss as well.

Ask the Community

Contact Us

Have additional questions? Try our live chat or give us a call. Our team of Arlo experts is ready to answer your questions and help in any way that we can.

Contact Support