Night Vision isn't working on my Arlo camera, what do I do?

Night Vision isn't working on my Arlo camera, what do I do?

If your Arlo camera's Night Vision is not turning on, try the following:

• Make sure that your Night Vision setting is turned on.

To turn Night Vision on or off:

1. Launch the Arlo Secure app or log in to your Arlo account at my.arlo.com.
  2. Tap or click Settings > My Devices.
  3. Tap or click a camera.
  4. Tap or click Video Settings.
    Note: For Arlo Pro 3, Pro 4, Ultra and Ultra 2 models: Go to Video Settings > Low Light Settings to enable/disable Night Vision
  5. Tap or click Night Vision to enable or disable.
    Your settings are saved.
    For more information, visit: How do I turn my camera's night vision on and off in my Arlo app?
  • Check to see if the LEDs on the front of the camera are on. The red glow indicates that the infrared LEDs are on and active.

Note: When Night Vision is enabled, the camera automatically turns on infrared (IR) LEDs to record in low-light conditions. We recommend that you turn off Night Vision if the camera is facing reflective surfaces, such as windows. The LEDs only glow in the dark.

• Turn your Arlo device off and on and move the camera into an area with light, then an area without light. This will allow the camera to adjust to the lighting conditions. 

Note: Arlo Baby’s infrared LEDs are much dimmer than the night vision LEDs on other Arlo cameras. Bright infrared LEDs can distract babies and keep them from sleeping, so Arlo Baby’s infrared LEDs are almost invisible, but still provide excellent low-light performance.

Last Updated:06/28/2022 | Article ID: 1012079

Was this article helpful?

image description Yes image description No

Arlo Community

Learn from other Arlo users like you and experts that are offering up best practices and answering some common questions. Get involved and suggest your own topics to discuss as well.

Ask the Community

Contact Us

Have additional questions? Try our live chat or give us a call. Our team of Arlo experts is ready to answer your questions and help in any way that we can.

Contact Support