My Arlo Baby video stream is pixelated; what do I do?

My Arlo Baby video stream is pixelated; what do I do?

This article applies to:

You might experience pixelation while streaming live video from your Arlo Baby camera under the following combination of circumstances:

• You are in local streaming mode (your mobile streaming device is connected to the same WiFi network as Arlo Baby).
  • Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile streaming device.
  • Your streaming device is connected to a 2.4GHz WiFi band.

The pixelation occurs because Bluetooth signals occupy the same 2.4GHz radio frequency as 2.4GHz WiFi and can interfere with 2.4GHz WiFi signals, particularly for streaming media.

To eliminate the pixelation of the video stream, do one of the following things:

• Turn off Bluetooth on your mobile device.
  • Connect your mobile device to your router’s 5GHz WiFi network instead of the 2.4GHz network.

For more information about local streaming mode, see How can I reduce video streaming lag or delays when viewing my Arlo Baby camera?.

Last Updated:08/25/2019 | Article ID: 1304168

Was this article helpful?

image description Yes image description No

Arlo Community

Learn from other Arlo users like you and experts that are offering up best practices and answering some common questions. Get involved and suggest your own topics to discuss as well.

Ask the Community

Contact Us

Have additional questions? Try our live chat or give us a call. Our team of Arlo experts is ready to answer your questions and help in any way that we can.

Contact Support