Arlo camera won't sync with the SmartHub or Base Station

2 people found this helpful in last 30 days

What to do when your Arlo camera will not sync to a SmartHub or Base Station during an install or setup

This article is for the Arlo Secure with Arm and Disarm. If you have the new experiece of Arlo Secure with Arm Away, Arm Home, and Standby, please visit: What to do when your Arlo camera will not sync to a SmartHub or Base Station during an install or setup - Arlo Secure 4.0

When you are setting up or adding a camera to your Arlo system, a camera might occasionally fail to sync with your SmartHub or Base Station. Make sure you are meeting the minimum requirements for your Arlo system to operate. Ensure the camera is compatible with your SmartHub or Base Station. Not all Arlo cameras work with SmartHubs or Base Stations and some cameras have the option to connect directly to a Wi-Fi router. For more information visit:

If you are having trouble connecting cameras directly to a Wi-Fi router, visit: What to do when Arlo is unable to discover your device during an install or setup directly to a Wi-Fi router

For successful camera connection to an Arlo SmartHub or Base Station:

Review the following details to troubleshoot issues with a camera setup to a SmartHub or Base Station:

Check the SmartHub or Base Station status

You must add the SmartHub or Base Station to your Arlo system before you can sync any cameras to it.

If you do not have an Arlo SmartHub or Base connected to your Arlo account:

1. Launch the Arlo Secure App.
  2. Tap Add New Device.
  3. Tap Base Station/Hub and follow the instructions in the app.

If Arlo is unable to discover your SmartHub or Base Station during installation, visit:

If your SmartHub or Base Station is offline, cameras cannot sync to it.

To check your SmartHub or Base Station status:

1. Launch the Arlo Secure App or log in to your account at my.arlo.com.
  2. Tap or click Settings > My Devices.
  3. Select your SmartHub or Base Station.
    Your SmartHub or Base Station Device Settings display with status.

For more information about SmartHub or Base Station status, visit: What do the LEDs on my Arlo SmartHub or Base Station mean?

If your SmartHub or Base Station is offline, visit: 

Check the camera battery

Low batteries can prevent your camera from syncing to the SmartHub or Base Station. 

If the camera LED is blinking amber, the camera battery may be low. For more information, visit: What do the different LED behaviors on my Arlo camera mean?

Try charging the Arlo camera battery for 30 minutes and then reattempt the sync process.

Correctly sync the camera to the SmartHub or Base Station

Sync one camera at a time to the SmartHub or Base Station.

To properly sync the camera, visit: How to set up Arlo Cameras

Note: Make sure to select an Arlo SmartHub or Base Station to add the camera to. If you select Connect without SmartHub, the camera will be connected to your Wi-Fi router instead of a SmartHub or Base Station.

If your Arlo camera is currently set up and directly connected to a Wi-Fi router, and you want to switch to a SmartHub or Base Station connection, visit: How do I connect my Arlo doorbell or camera to a SmartHub or Base Station?

Factory Reset

If you tried all the steps above and you are still having issues getting the camera synced to a SmartHub or Base Station, factory reset the camera.

If you are still having problems factory reset the SmartHub or Base Station.

Note: All devices paired to the SmartHub or Base Station must also be reset and re-added to your Arlo account.

If you tried all of these troubleshooting options and you still cannot sync your Arlo camera to your SmartHub or Base Station, visit Arlo Support to speak with an expert.

Last Updated:11/29/2022 | Article ID: 000039094

Was this article helpful?

image description Yes image description No

Arlo Community

Learn from other Arlo users like you and experts that are offering up best practices and answering some common questions. Get involved and suggest your own topics to discuss as well.

Ask the Community

Contact Us

Have additional questions? Try our live chat or give us a call. Our team of Arlo experts is ready to answer your questions and help in any way that we can.

Contact Support