Arlo Wire-Free cameras have been designed for use with non-rechargeable batteries. For the best possible experience, we strongly recommend using one of the following types of batteries:
- The non-rechargeable batteries supplied with your Arlo Wire-Free cameras
- Tenergy Li-Ion RCR123A 3.7V 650mAh rechargeable batteries specifically marked “Works with Arlo”
- Non-rechargeable batteries from other high quality, established, well-known manufacturers such as Panasonic®, Energizer®, or Duracell®
We strongly recommend that you read this Battery Warnings and Safety document prior to using your Arlo Wire-Free cameras.
Poor quality or mishandled batteries can damage your cameras, cause a fire or result in personal injury. NETGEAR is not responsible for any failure to follow these battery usage guidelines or the BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY document.
To use your Arlo Wire-Free camera batteries safely:
- ALWAYS use high-quality batteries from reputable sources and brands. Counterfeit or inferior-quality batteries can damage your cameras, cause a fire, or result in personal injury.
- ALWAYS keep all batteries away from children.
- ALWAYS store spare batteries in a cool, dry, ventilated area.
- ALWAYS replace all the batteries in a given camera at the same time and with batteries of the same type purchased together from the same source.
- ALWAYS make sure that the battery compartment is clean and free of any debris before inserting new batteries.
- ALWAYS insert your batteries into their slots gently.
- ALWAYS make sure that each battery’s polarity (its positive and negative ends) matches the polarity of its individual slot. (You’ll find a guide inside the battery compartment.)
- ALWAYS insert the first pair of batteries near the back of the camera, then insert the second pair of batteries near the compartment hinge.
- ALWAYS follow local waste and recycling laws when throwing used batteries away
- NEVER try to recharge the C123A batteries that came with your Arlo camera as they are non-rechargeable.
- NEVER attempt to recharge a single-use (non-rechargeable) battery.
- NEVER place loose batteries in a pocket, purse, or other receptacle, especially one containing metal objects.
- NEVER store your batteries with hazardous or combustible materials.
- NEVER let your batteries or battery compartment get wet—before, during, or after installation. (Remember: your camera itself is weatherproof, but its interior battery compartment and batteries aren’t!)
- NEVER disassemble, cut, crush, puncture, short-circuit, dispose of in fire or water, or expose your Arlo Wire-Free camera batteries to temperatures above 60°C (140°F).